Dec 20, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
You know that old saying: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. That’s how I tend to look at bad/good puns: if you dig them, they’re a delight; if they make you cringe, then I apologize in advance.
With my penchant for bad puns in mind, it’s a real shame that Los Angeles Kings forward Kyle Clifford doesn’t have red hair (at least last I checked).
Why? Because if he did, he would clearly receive some awful sort of “big red dog” nickname. Just think of all the possibilities, especially if he had an off game. (I guess there’s always the opportunity to reference a horrible Martin Short comedy, but that pushes the limits of obscurity.)
Anyway, all that nonsense aside, Clifford made a beautiful move to beat Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford for one of the Kings’ two goals last night. It wasn’t enough to earn Los Angeles a point, but it’s the best goal from December 19th.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)