Dec 20, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
You know that old saying: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. That’s how I tend to look at bad/good puns: if you dig them, they’re a delight; if they make you cringe, then I apologize in advance.
With my penchant for bad puns in mind, it’s a real shame that Los Angeles Kings forward Kyle Clifford doesn’t have red hair (at least last I checked).
Why? Because if he did, he would clearly receive some awful sort of “big red dog” nickname. Just think of all the possibilities, especially if he had an off game. (I guess there’s always the opportunity to reference a horrible Martin Short comedy, but that pushes the limits of obscurity.)
Anyway, all that nonsense aside, Clifford made a beautiful move to beat Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford for one of the Kings’ two goals last night. It wasn’t enough to earn Los Angeles a point, but it’s the best goal from December 19th.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 21
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)