Dec 20, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
You know that old saying: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. That’s how I tend to look at bad/good puns: if you dig them, they’re a delight; if they make you cringe, then I apologize in advance.
With my penchant for bad puns in mind, it’s a real shame that Los Angeles Kings forward Kyle Clifford doesn’t have red hair (at least last I checked).
Why? Because if he did, he would clearly receive some awful sort of “big red dog” nickname. Just think of all the possibilities, especially if he had an off game. (I guess there’s always the opportunity to reference a horrible Martin Short comedy, but that pushes the limits of obscurity.)
Anyway, all that nonsense aside, Clifford made a beautiful move to beat Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford for one of the Kings’ two goals last night. It wasn’t enough to earn Los Angeles a point, but it’s the best goal from December 19th.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6