Dec 20, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
You know that old saying: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. That’s how I tend to look at bad/good puns: if you dig them, they’re a delight; if they make you cringe, then I apologize in advance.
With my penchant for bad puns in mind, it’s a real shame that Los Angeles Kings forward Kyle Clifford doesn’t have red hair (at least last I checked).
Why? Because if he did, he would clearly receive some awful sort of “big red dog” nickname. Just think of all the possibilities, especially if he had an off game. (I guess there’s always the opportunity to reference a horrible Martin Short comedy, but that pushes the limits of obscurity.)
Anyway, all that nonsense aside, Clifford made a beautiful move to beat Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford for one of the Kings’ two goals last night. It wasn’t enough to earn Los Angeles a point, but it’s the best goal from December 19th.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5