Dec 20, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
You know that old saying: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. That’s how I tend to look at bad/good puns: if you dig them, they’re a delight; if they make you cringe, then I apologize in advance.
With my penchant for bad puns in mind, it’s a real shame that Los Angeles Kings forward Kyle Clifford doesn’t have red hair (at least last I checked).
Why? Because if he did, he would clearly receive some awful sort of “big red dog” nickname. Just think of all the possibilities, especially if he had an off game. (I guess there’s always the opportunity to reference a horrible Martin Short comedy, but that pushes the limits of obscurity.)
Anyway, all that nonsense aside, Clifford made a beautiful move to beat Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford for one of the Kings’ two goals last night. It wasn’t enough to earn Los Angeles a point, but it’s the best goal from December 19th.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)