Dec 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
The Blues’ need to have a fully restocked defensive unit are just about filled now. Defenseman Roman Polak was activated off of injured reserve today. He missed the last 24 games with a severed tendon in his right wrist. The Blues sent Ian Cole back to AHL Peoria to make room for Polak.
Polak has become a defensive specialist with the Blues and now that both he and Erik Johnson are cleared for action, the Blues blue line is essentially back to normal. The Blues top six of Johnson, Polak, Eric Brewer, Carlo Colaiacovo, Alex Pietrangelo, and Barret Jackman can now settle in and work together to try and save goalie Jaroslav Halak a lot of trouble. Polak will join Jackman as the other true defensive defenseman.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21