Dec 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
The Blues’ need to have a fully restocked defensive unit are just about filled now. Defenseman Roman Polak was activated off of injured reserve today. He missed the last 24 games with a severed tendon in his right wrist. The Blues sent Ian Cole back to AHL Peoria to make room for Polak.
Polak has become a defensive specialist with the Blues and now that both he and Erik Johnson are cleared for action, the Blues blue line is essentially back to normal. The Blues top six of Johnson, Polak, Eric Brewer, Carlo Colaiacovo, Alex Pietrangelo, and Barret Jackman can now settle in and work together to try and save goalie Jaroslav Halak a lot of trouble. Polak will join Jackman as the other true defensive defenseman.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31