Dec 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EST
The Blues’ need to have a fully restocked defensive unit are just about filled now. Defenseman Roman Polak was activated off of injured reserve today. He missed the last 24 games with a severed tendon in his right wrist. The Blues sent Ian Cole back to AHL Peoria to make room for Polak.
Polak has become a defensive specialist with the Blues and now that both he and Erik Johnson are cleared for action, the Blues blue line is essentially back to normal. The Blues top six of Johnson, Polak, Eric Brewer, Carlo Colaiacovo, Alex Pietrangelo, and Barret Jackman can now settle in and work together to try and save goalie Jaroslav Halak a lot of trouble. Polak will join Jackman as the other true defensive defenseman.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11