Dec 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
The Blues’ need to have a fully restocked defensive unit are just about filled now. Defenseman Roman Polak was activated off of injured reserve today. He missed the last 24 games with a severed tendon in his right wrist. The Blues sent Ian Cole back to AHL Peoria to make room for Polak.
Polak has become a defensive specialist with the Blues and now that both he and Erik Johnson are cleared for action, the Blues blue line is essentially back to normal. The Blues top six of Johnson, Polak, Eric Brewer, Carlo Colaiacovo, Alex Pietrangelo, and Barret Jackman can now settle in and work together to try and save goalie Jaroslav Halak a lot of trouble. Polak will join Jackman as the other true defensive defenseman.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5