Dec 19, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
The Blues’ need to have a fully restocked defensive unit are just about filled now. Defenseman Roman Polak was activated off of injured reserve today. He missed the last 24 games with a severed tendon in his right wrist. The Blues sent Ian Cole back to AHL Peoria to make room for Polak.
Polak has become a defensive specialist with the Blues and now that both he and Erik Johnson are cleared for action, the Blues blue line is essentially back to normal. The Blues top six of Johnson, Polak, Eric Brewer, Carlo Colaiacovo, Alex Pietrangelo, and Barret Jackman can now settle in and work together to try and save goalie Jaroslav Halak a lot of trouble. Polak will join Jackman as the other true defensive defenseman.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25