Dec 19, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
The high-scoring Avalanche offense gets a lot better for their game against Montreal tonight. Paul Stastny makes his return to the lineup after missing their last game against Ottawa. Stastny was injured in the Avs win over Chicago on Wednesday night. Stastny’s absence clearly wasn’t felt too much against the Senators as Colorado won that game 6-5 in overtime.
The key here for Colorado is that they’re getting healthy all over the ice. T.J. Galiardi returned to the lineup against Ottawa. The Avs are one of the league’s highest scoring teams and with them getting all of their starters back healthy you have to wonder how much better the offense can get.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28