Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Overall, December is a month that is associated with the holidays (and taking it further, getting out of school) more than anything else. Yet when it comes to the best goals of this month – at least at this point – it seems like tricky shootout goals and December go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
First, there was the much-discussed controversy over Linus Omark’s flashy shootout game winner last week (a tally that won last week’s best goal award, by the way).
While Kyle Turris has taken longer than some people in the Phoenix Coyotes organization might have preferred, it seems like he’s making an early audition for an And1 Mix Tape for hockey.
The Coyotes center had some tricks up his sleeve tonight, as he bounced the puck off of his right skate before firing the puck past Nate Lawson. Check out the video below.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)