Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Overall, December is a month that is associated with the holidays (and taking it further, getting out of school) more than anything else. Yet when it comes to the best goals of this month – at least at this point – it seems like tricky shootout goals and December go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
First, there was the much-discussed controversy over Linus Omark’s flashy shootout game winner last week (a tally that won last week’s best goal award, by the way).
While Kyle Turris has taken longer than some people in the Phoenix Coyotes organization might have preferred, it seems like he’s making an early audition for an And1 Mix Tape for hockey.
The Coyotes center had some tricks up his sleeve tonight, as he bounced the puck off of his right skate before firing the puck past Nate Lawson. Check out the video below.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)