Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Overall, December is a month that is associated with the holidays (and taking it further, getting out of school) more than anything else. Yet when it comes to the best goals of this month – at least at this point – it seems like tricky shootout goals and December go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
First, there was the much-discussed controversy over Linus Omark’s flashy shootout game winner last week (a tally that won last week’s best goal award, by the way).
While Kyle Turris has taken longer than some people in the Phoenix Coyotes organization might have preferred, it seems like he’s making an early audition for an And1 Mix Tape for hockey.
The Coyotes center had some tricks up his sleeve tonight, as he bounced the puck off of his right skate before firing the puck past Nate Lawson. Check out the video below.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)