Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Overall, December is a month that is associated with the holidays (and taking it further, getting out of school) more than anything else. Yet when it comes to the best goals of this month – at least at this point – it seems like tricky shootout goals and December go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
First, there was the much-discussed controversy over Linus Omark’s flashy shootout game winner last week (a tally that won last week’s best goal award, by the way).
While Kyle Turris has taken longer than some people in the Phoenix Coyotes organization might have preferred, it seems like he’s making an early audition for an And1 Mix Tape for hockey.
The Coyotes center had some tricks up his sleeve tonight, as he bounced the puck off of his right skate before firing the puck past Nate Lawson. Check out the video below.
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 2
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 23
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)