Dec 18, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
With there just being one afternoon game, we’ll cover that one here. Expect to see the rest of tonight’s starters later this afternoon.
NY Rangers @ Philadelphia
New York’s starter: Henrik Lundqvist. Lundqvist got a night off against Phoenix in the Rangers last game in order to help him prep for today’s big showdown with Philly. (source)
Philadelphia’s starter: Brian Boucher will get the start for Philly. The Flyers now have three goalies from whom they can pick and choose from, but Boucher’s been the man of late and starting him today against the hot Rangers makes sense. Ride the hot hand. (source)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 9
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6