Dec 18, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
With there just being one afternoon game, we’ll cover that one here. Expect to see the rest of tonight’s starters later this afternoon.
NY Rangers @ Philadelphia
New York’s starter: Henrik Lundqvist. Lundqvist got a night off against Phoenix in the Rangers last game in order to help him prep for today’s big showdown with Philly. (source)
Philadelphia’s starter: Brian Boucher will get the start for Philly. The Flyers now have three goalies from whom they can pick and choose from, but Boucher’s been the man of late and starting him today against the hot Rangers makes sense. Ride the hot hand. (source)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54