Dec 18, 2010, 12:19 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
With there just being one afternoon game, we’ll cover that one here. Expect to see the rest of tonight’s starters later this afternoon.
NY Rangers @ Philadelphia
New York’s starter: Henrik Lundqvist. Lundqvist got a night off against Phoenix in the Rangers last game in order to help him prep for today’s big showdown with Philly. (source)
Philadelphia’s starter: Brian Boucher will get the start for Philly. The Flyers now have three goalies from whom they can pick and choose from, but Boucher’s been the man of late and starting him today against the hot Rangers makes sense. Ride the hot hand. (source)
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5