Dec 18, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Life is pretty good for Avalanche second year forward Matt Duchene. He’s become the most recognizable guy on a young and talented Avalanche team that, for the handful of shortcomings they do have, are one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the NHL. Duchene is the leading scorer on the high-flying, high-scoring Avs and now he’s starting to become the thing of legend in Denver now that he’s burying game-winning goals in overtime.
Last night was no exception for Duchene who scored two more goals bringing his season total to 13, the latter of which came in overtime on a ripper of a shot to beat Senators goalie Brian Elliott and give Colorado a 6-5 win. Duchene’s exuberant celebration makes it all worthwhile as he leaps sky high into the glass and then is tackled by teammate Tomas Fleischmann. If the Avs can keep winning games and play exciting like this the fans will come back. Of course, the fans that are staying away are really missing out on a good thing.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37