Dec 18, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Life is pretty good for Avalanche second year forward Matt Duchene. He’s become the most recognizable guy on a young and talented Avalanche team that, for the handful of shortcomings they do have, are one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the NHL. Duchene is the leading scorer on the high-flying, high-scoring Avs and now he’s starting to become the thing of legend in Denver now that he’s burying game-winning goals in overtime.
Last night was no exception for Duchene who scored two more goals bringing his season total to 13, the latter of which came in overtime on a ripper of a shot to beat Senators goalie Brian Elliott and give Colorado a 6-5 win. Duchene’s exuberant celebration makes it all worthwhile as he leaps sky high into the glass and then is tackled by teammate Tomas Fleischmann. If the Avs can keep winning games and play exciting like this the fans will come back. Of course, the fans that are staying away are really missing out on a good thing.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5