Dec 18, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Life is pretty good for Avalanche second year forward Matt Duchene. He’s become the most recognizable guy on a young and talented Avalanche team that, for the handful of shortcomings they do have, are one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the NHL. Duchene is the leading scorer on the high-flying, high-scoring Avs and now he’s starting to become the thing of legend in Denver now that he’s burying game-winning goals in overtime.
Last night was no exception for Duchene who scored two more goals bringing his season total to 13, the latter of which came in overtime on a ripper of a shot to beat Senators goalie Brian Elliott and give Colorado a 6-5 win. Duchene’s exuberant celebration makes it all worthwhile as he leaps sky high into the glass and then is tackled by teammate Tomas Fleischmann. If the Avs can keep winning games and play exciting like this the fans will come back. Of course, the fans that are staying away are really missing out on a good thing.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21