Dec 18, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Life is pretty good for Avalanche second year forward Matt Duchene. He’s become the most recognizable guy on a young and talented Avalanche team that, for the handful of shortcomings they do have, are one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the NHL. Duchene is the leading scorer on the high-flying, high-scoring Avs and now he’s starting to become the thing of legend in Denver now that he’s burying game-winning goals in overtime.
Last night was no exception for Duchene who scored two more goals bringing his season total to 13, the latter of which came in overtime on a ripper of a shot to beat Senators goalie Brian Elliott and give Colorado a 6-5 win. Duchene’s exuberant celebration makes it all worthwhile as he leaps sky high into the glass and then is tackled by teammate Tomas Fleischmann. If the Avs can keep winning games and play exciting like this the fans will come back. Of course, the fans that are staying away are really missing out on a good thing.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12