Dec 18, 2010, 10:45 AM EST
Life is pretty good for Avalanche second year forward Matt Duchene. He’s become the most recognizable guy on a young and talented Avalanche team that, for the handful of shortcomings they do have, are one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the NHL. Duchene is the leading scorer on the high-flying, high-scoring Avs and now he’s starting to become the thing of legend in Denver now that he’s burying game-winning goals in overtime.
Last night was no exception for Duchene who scored two more goals bringing his season total to 13, the latter of which came in overtime on a ripper of a shot to beat Senators goalie Brian Elliott and give Colorado a 6-5 win. Duchene’s exuberant celebration makes it all worthwhile as he leaps sky high into the glass and then is tackled by teammate Tomas Fleischmann. If the Avs can keep winning games and play exciting like this the fans will come back. Of course, the fans that are staying away are really missing out on a good thing.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15