Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The 2011 Winter Classic will receive its fair share of product placement on the classic game show “The Price is Right” during the December 20th episode airing at 11 am ET. (Wait, you mean the show is not televised live? My grade school memories have just been shattered.)
Winter Classic-inspired apparel gets a nice plug on the show, particularly the duds adorned by the Price is Right models. Bridgestone tires made an appearance, but the most interesting part for hockey fans is the cameos by Jeremy Roenick, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.
Roenick showed up for the actual telecast and not too surprisingly seemed the most natural and charismatic. It’s clear he was having almost as fun as the coed attempting to win a trip to the Winter Classic, new tires and a brand new hybrid.
(Quick aside: it’s kind of weird seeing Drew Carey in skinny mode, isn’t it?)
I’m not sure how to describe Ovechkin here, but “well-groomed” isn’t the first phrase that springs to mind. And I’d say Crosby is a bit wooden, except I fear that would be insulting many lively and interesting fir trees.
OK, I won’t tease you anymore, here is the clip. (Well, the clip kind of teases you too, as you’ll need to tune in on December 20th to find out if Lauren wins the trip. If that’s something that is important to you.)
The suspense is killing you, isn’t it? Sly move CBS, sly move …
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 0
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 71
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (86)