Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The 2011 Winter Classic will receive its fair share of product placement on the classic game show “The Price is Right” during the December 20th episode airing at 11 am ET. (Wait, you mean the show is not televised live? My grade school memories have just been shattered.)
Winter Classic-inspired apparel gets a nice plug on the show, particularly the duds adorned by the Price is Right models. Bridgestone tires made an appearance, but the most interesting part for hockey fans is the cameos by Jeremy Roenick, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.
Roenick showed up for the actual telecast and not too surprisingly seemed the most natural and charismatic. It’s clear he was having almost as fun as the coed attempting to win a trip to the Winter Classic, new tires and a brand new hybrid.
(Quick aside: it’s kind of weird seeing Drew Carey in skinny mode, isn’t it?)
I’m not sure how to describe Ovechkin here, but “well-groomed” isn’t the first phrase that springs to mind. And I’d say Crosby is a bit wooden, except I fear that would be insulting many lively and interesting fir trees.
OK, I won’t tease you anymore, here is the clip. (Well, the clip kind of teases you too, as you’ll need to tune in on December 20th to find out if Lauren wins the trip. If that’s something that is important to you.)
The suspense is killing you, isn’t it? Sly move CBS, sly move …
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)