Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The 2011 Winter Classic will receive its fair share of product placement on the classic game show “The Price is Right” during the December 20th episode airing at 11 am ET. (Wait, you mean the show is not televised live? My grade school memories have just been shattered.)
Winter Classic-inspired apparel gets a nice plug on the show, particularly the duds adorned by the Price is Right models. Bridgestone tires made an appearance, but the most interesting part for hockey fans is the cameos by Jeremy Roenick, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.
Roenick showed up for the actual telecast and not too surprisingly seemed the most natural and charismatic. It’s clear he was having almost as fun as the coed attempting to win a trip to the Winter Classic, new tires and a brand new hybrid.
(Quick aside: it’s kind of weird seeing Drew Carey in skinny mode, isn’t it?)
I’m not sure how to describe Ovechkin here, but “well-groomed” isn’t the first phrase that springs to mind. And I’d say Crosby is a bit wooden, except I fear that would be insulting many lively and interesting fir trees.
OK, I won’t tease you anymore, here is the clip. (Well, the clip kind of teases you too, as you’ll need to tune in on December 20th to find out if Lauren wins the trip. If that’s something that is important to you.)
The suspense is killing you, isn’t it? Sly move CBS, sly move …
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)