Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
The 2011 Winter Classic will receive its fair share of product placement on the classic game show “The Price is Right” during the December 20th episode airing at 11 am ET. (Wait, you mean the show is not televised live? My grade school memories have just been shattered.)
Winter Classic-inspired apparel gets a nice plug on the show, particularly the duds adorned by the Price is Right models. Bridgestone tires made an appearance, but the most interesting part for hockey fans is the cameos by Jeremy Roenick, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.
Roenick showed up for the actual telecast and not too surprisingly seemed the most natural and charismatic. It’s clear he was having almost as fun as the coed attempting to win a trip to the Winter Classic, new tires and a brand new hybrid.
(Quick aside: it’s kind of weird seeing Drew Carey in skinny mode, isn’t it?)
I’m not sure how to describe Ovechkin here, but “well-groomed” isn’t the first phrase that springs to mind. And I’d say Crosby is a bit wooden, except I fear that would be insulting many lively and interesting fir trees.
OK, I won’t tease you anymore, here is the clip. (Well, the clip kind of teases you too, as you’ll need to tune in on December 20th to find out if Lauren wins the trip. If that’s something that is important to you.)
The suspense is killing you, isn’t it? Sly move CBS, sly move …
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)