Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The 2011 Winter Classic will receive its fair share of product placement on the classic game show “The Price is Right” during the December 20th episode airing at 11 am ET. (Wait, you mean the show is not televised live? My grade school memories have just been shattered.)
Winter Classic-inspired apparel gets a nice plug on the show, particularly the duds adorned by the Price is Right models. Bridgestone tires made an appearance, but the most interesting part for hockey fans is the cameos by Jeremy Roenick, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.
Roenick showed up for the actual telecast and not too surprisingly seemed the most natural and charismatic. It’s clear he was having almost as fun as the coed attempting to win a trip to the Winter Classic, new tires and a brand new hybrid.
(Quick aside: it’s kind of weird seeing Drew Carey in skinny mode, isn’t it?)
I’m not sure how to describe Ovechkin here, but “well-groomed” isn’t the first phrase that springs to mind. And I’d say Crosby is a bit wooden, except I fear that would be insulting many lively and interesting fir trees.
OK, I won’t tease you anymore, here is the clip. (Well, the clip kind of teases you too, as you’ll need to tune in on December 20th to find out if Lauren wins the trip. If that’s something that is important to you.)
The suspense is killing you, isn’t it? Sly move CBS, sly move …
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)