Dec 17, 2010, 1:10 AM EST
For recaps of tonight’s first seven games, click here. Let’s get to the two latest contests now.
Believe or not, Linus Omark earned last week’s goal of the week award before he actually scored his first real NHL goal. That’s because that goal came during the shootout. Instead, Omark scored his first real goal tonight, along with two assists. Jordan Eberle (two goals) and Taylor Hall (three assists) also produced on a night in which the Oilers’ youngsters were better than the Blue Jackets’ youngsters.
Kristian Huselius was explosive in defeat, scoring all three of the Blue Jackets’ tallies.
Nikolai Khabibulin stopped 37 out of 40 shots, while Steve Mason had a tough night, with Mason getting pulled after two periods because he allowed all six of Edmonton’s goals on 27 shots.
The Flames dominated “Neon” Dion Phaneuf‘s team in his return to Calgary, although the big defenseman wasn’t victimized very often (he finished the game with zero points and a +1 rating). He received some boos when he touched the puck, but nothing on the level of Dany Heatley.
Olli Jokinen (one goal and two assists), Niklas Hagman (one goal and one assist), Anton Babchuk (two assists) and Alex Tanguay (one goal) shined for the Flames in this contest.
Like Steve Mason and Curtis McElhinney, Jean-Sebastien Giguere didn’t make it through the entire start. He was pulled from the game after the second period, as he allowed four goals on 24 shots. Meanwhile, Miikka Kiprusoff had a light night, getting the win by stopping 17 out of 19 shots.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)