Dec 17, 2010, 10:08 PM EST
In what’s both surprising news and completely unsurprising news just the same, Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire was injured during warm ups tonight before the start of their game with the Colorado Avalanche.It’s unknown if tonight’s injury is related to what was ailing him earlier in the week.
Leclaire has battled chronic injury problems throughout his career both in Columbus and in Ottawa. Last season, his absence from the lineup led to a mashup most of the season featuring Brian Elliott and Mike Brodeur in goal. Luckily for the Senators, the combination of those two were able to play strong enough through most of the season to get the Senators into the playoffs.
Not knowing how serious Leclaire’s injury is we can’t start making projections on what they’ll have to do in the meantime, but if Leclaire is set to be out for any length of time Brian Elliott will ascend into the full time starting role while rookie Robin Lehner would get the call to join the Senators as his backup.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9