Dec 17, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
In what’s both surprising news and completely unsurprising news just the same, Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire was injured during warm ups tonight before the start of their game with the Colorado Avalanche.It’s unknown if tonight’s injury is related to what was ailing him earlier in the week.
Leclaire has battled chronic injury problems throughout his career both in Columbus and in Ottawa. Last season, his absence from the lineup led to a mashup most of the season featuring Brian Elliott and Mike Brodeur in goal. Luckily for the Senators, the combination of those two were able to play strong enough through most of the season to get the Senators into the playoffs.
Not knowing how serious Leclaire’s injury is we can’t start making projections on what they’ll have to do in the meantime, but if Leclaire is set to be out for any length of time Brian Elliott will ascend into the full time starting role while rookie Robin Lehner would get the call to join the Senators as his backup.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5