Dec 17, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
In what’s both surprising news and completely unsurprising news just the same, Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire was injured during warm ups tonight before the start of their game with the Colorado Avalanche.It’s unknown if tonight’s injury is related to what was ailing him earlier in the week.
Leclaire has battled chronic injury problems throughout his career both in Columbus and in Ottawa. Last season, his absence from the lineup led to a mashup most of the season featuring Brian Elliott and Mike Brodeur in goal. Luckily for the Senators, the combination of those two were able to play strong enough through most of the season to get the Senators into the playoffs.
Not knowing how serious Leclaire’s injury is we can’t start making projections on what they’ll have to do in the meantime, but if Leclaire is set to be out for any length of time Brian Elliott will ascend into the full time starting role while rookie Robin Lehner would get the call to join the Senators as his backup.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)