Dec 17, 2010, 10:08 PM EDT
In what’s both surprising news and completely unsurprising news just the same, Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire was injured during warm ups tonight before the start of their game with the Colorado Avalanche.It’s unknown if tonight’s injury is related to what was ailing him earlier in the week.
Leclaire has battled chronic injury problems throughout his career both in Columbus and in Ottawa. Last season, his absence from the lineup led to a mashup most of the season featuring Brian Elliott and Mike Brodeur in goal. Luckily for the Senators, the combination of those two were able to play strong enough through most of the season to get the Senators into the playoffs.
Not knowing how serious Leclaire’s injury is we can’t start making projections on what they’ll have to do in the meantime, but if Leclaire is set to be out for any length of time Brian Elliott will ascend into the full time starting role while rookie Robin Lehner would get the call to join the Senators as his backup.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)