Dec 17, 2010, 10:08 PM EST
In what’s both surprising news and completely unsurprising news just the same, Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire was injured during warm ups tonight before the start of their game with the Colorado Avalanche.It’s unknown if tonight’s injury is related to what was ailing him earlier in the week.
Leclaire has battled chronic injury problems throughout his career both in Columbus and in Ottawa. Last season, his absence from the lineup led to a mashup most of the season featuring Brian Elliott and Mike Brodeur in goal. Luckily for the Senators, the combination of those two were able to play strong enough through most of the season to get the Senators into the playoffs.
Not knowing how serious Leclaire’s injury is we can’t start making projections on what they’ll have to do in the meantime, but if Leclaire is set to be out for any length of time Brian Elliott will ascend into the full time starting role while rookie Robin Lehner would get the call to join the Senators as his backup.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)