Dec 17, 2010, 12:05 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins participated in an important and hard-fought game on Thursday, with the Habs scraping together a 4-3 win to bring their Northeast Division lead to four points.
When it comes to crucial games between two teams fighting over playoff seeding – not to mention their multiple decades of distaste – even “finesse” players can get a little testy. That’s exactly what happened between Michael Cammalleri and David Krejci, two players who participated in the first fight of their respective careers in this game.
Then again, this is a young season full of unexpected fights. From Alex Ovechkin to Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk and Mike Green, big money players have thrown knuckle sandwiches to the surprise of many in 2010-11.
The folks at Hockey Fights.com gave Krecji the edge in this one, with the Bruins center receiving 59.6 percent, Cammalleri getting 23.4 percent and 17 percent of readers voting the bout a draw.
Check out the video below and decide who you think won.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 59
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal