Dec 17, 2010, 12:05 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins participated in an important and hard-fought game on Thursday, with the Habs scraping together a 4-3 win to bring their Northeast Division lead to four points.
When it comes to crucial games between two teams fighting over playoff seeding – not to mention their multiple decades of distaste – even “finesse” players can get a little testy. That’s exactly what happened between Michael Cammalleri and David Krejci, two players who participated in the first fight of their respective careers in this game.
Then again, this is a young season full of unexpected fights. From Alex Ovechkin to Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk and Mike Green, big money players have thrown knuckle sandwiches to the surprise of many in 2010-11.
The folks at Hockey Fights.com gave Krecji the edge in this one, with the Bruins center receiving 59.6 percent, Cammalleri getting 23.4 percent and 17 percent of readers voting the bout a draw.
Check out the video below and decide who you think won.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)