Dec 17, 2010, 12:05 AM EST
The Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins participated in an important and hard-fought game on Thursday, with the Habs scraping together a 4-3 win to bring their Northeast Division lead to four points.
When it comes to crucial games between two teams fighting over playoff seeding – not to mention their multiple decades of distaste – even “finesse” players can get a little testy. That’s exactly what happened between Michael Cammalleri and David Krejci, two players who participated in the first fight of their respective careers in this game.
Then again, this is a young season full of unexpected fights. From Alex Ovechkin to Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk and Mike Green, big money players have thrown knuckle sandwiches to the surprise of many in 2010-11.
The folks at Hockey Fights.com gave Krecji the edge in this one, with the Bruins center receiving 59.6 percent, Cammalleri getting 23.4 percent and 17 percent of readers voting the bout a draw.
Check out the video below and decide who you think won.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)