Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have been without Patrick Kane for their last four games thanks to an ankle injury and it appeared that he was getting close to returning this week, eying a Friday return against Detroit. Now it appears that is in doubt after Kane aggravated the ankle today in practice.
Of the last four games that Kane has missed, the Blackhawks have lost their last three, two of them to Colorado. The Hawks are as injury depleted as any team out there as forwards Marian Hossa and Fernando Pisani have been out and Viktor Stalberg was injured last night after a check from behind by Colorado’s Ryan O’Byrne. That’s two top six forwards and two depth forwards out of the mix for a team that’s already hurting for depth.
On the upside, Hossa is back skating with the team and Pisani is set to play on Friday night. Slowly but surely they’re getting healthier and they’re going to need to faster as this three game slide has shown that speed and physical play can upset what Chicago wants to do on the ice.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)