Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have been without Patrick Kane for their last four games thanks to an ankle injury and it appeared that he was getting close to returning this week, eying a Friday return against Detroit. Now it appears that is in doubt after Kane aggravated the ankle today in practice.
Of the last four games that Kane has missed, the Blackhawks have lost their last three, two of them to Colorado. The Hawks are as injury depleted as any team out there as forwards Marian Hossa and Fernando Pisani have been out and Viktor Stalberg was injured last night after a check from behind by Colorado’s Ryan O’Byrne. That’s two top six forwards and two depth forwards out of the mix for a team that’s already hurting for depth.
On the upside, Hossa is back skating with the team and Pisani is set to play on Friday night. Slowly but surely they’re getting healthier and they’re going to need to faster as this three game slide has shown that speed and physical play can upset what Chicago wants to do on the ice.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5