Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have been without Patrick Kane for their last four games thanks to an ankle injury and it appeared that he was getting close to returning this week, eying a Friday return against Detroit. Now it appears that is in doubt after Kane aggravated the ankle today in practice.
Of the last four games that Kane has missed, the Blackhawks have lost their last three, two of them to Colorado. The Hawks are as injury depleted as any team out there as forwards Marian Hossa and Fernando Pisani have been out and Viktor Stalberg was injured last night after a check from behind by Colorado’s Ryan O’Byrne. That’s two top six forwards and two depth forwards out of the mix for a team that’s already hurting for depth.
On the upside, Hossa is back skating with the team and Pisani is set to play on Friday night. Slowly but surely they’re getting healthier and they’re going to need to faster as this three game slide has shown that speed and physical play can upset what Chicago wants to do on the ice.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)