Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
The Blackhawks have been without Patrick Kane for their last four games thanks to an ankle injury and it appeared that he was getting close to returning this week, eying a Friday return against Detroit. Now it appears that is in doubt after Kane aggravated the ankle today in practice.
Of the last four games that Kane has missed, the Blackhawks have lost their last three, two of them to Colorado. The Hawks are as injury depleted as any team out there as forwards Marian Hossa and Fernando Pisani have been out and Viktor Stalberg was injured last night after a check from behind by Colorado’s Ryan O’Byrne. That’s two top six forwards and two depth forwards out of the mix for a team that’s already hurting for depth.
On the upside, Hossa is back skating with the team and Pisani is set to play on Friday night. Slowly but surely they’re getting healthier and they’re going to need to faster as this three game slide has shown that speed and physical play can upset what Chicago wants to do on the ice.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 29
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)