Dec 16, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have been without Patrick Kane for their last four games thanks to an ankle injury and it appeared that he was getting close to returning this week, eying a Friday return against Detroit. Now it appears that is in doubt after Kane aggravated the ankle today in practice.
Of the last four games that Kane has missed, the Blackhawks have lost their last three, two of them to Colorado. The Hawks are as injury depleted as any team out there as forwards Marian Hossa and Fernando Pisani have been out and Viktor Stalberg was injured last night after a check from behind by Colorado’s Ryan O’Byrne. That’s two top six forwards and two depth forwards out of the mix for a team that’s already hurting for depth.
On the upside, Hossa is back skating with the team and Pisani is set to play on Friday night. Slowly but surely they’re getting healthier and they’re going to need to faster as this three game slide has shown that speed and physical play can upset what Chicago wants to do on the ice.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)