Dec 16, 2010, 5:56 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been able to make do without Kari Lehtonen of late but tonight they’ll have the Finnish goaltender back between the pipes when they take on the Sharks. Lehtonen has been out with a wonky back and while some Stars fans got nervous having the oft-injured goalie out of the lineup, the injury had nothing to do with issues he’s had in the past while with Atlanta.
Lehtonen last played on December 6th, a shootout loss to Columbus. Since then, Dallas has gone 2-2-0 with Raycroft getting the start in all those games. When he was good, he was solid winning those two games in shootouts. When he was bad, the Stars made it look worse allowing five goals in losses to Chicago and Phoenix. In the Phoenix game, Raycroft was pulled midway through the third period after allowing five goals. Getting full stability and flexibility in goal is key for the Stars to stay on top of things in the Pacific Division.
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 4
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming