Dec 15, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
While tonight’s game against Pittsburgh was viewed to be a big one for the Rangers with getting captain Chris Drury back into the lineup, the good mojo didn’t even last a full period. The team’s second leading scorer left tonight’s game after breaking his hand blocking a shot.
Callahan has 23 points this year (10 goals, 13 assists) and has been the unquestionable character leader of the team. While guys like Brandon Dubinsky are the vocal leader of the team, Callahan is the guy that leads by example on the ice. It’s unknown as of now how long he’ll be out of the lineup, but this Rangers team has done well this year while having key players out of the lineup for long stretches of time. Drury’s missed most of the season thanks to finger issues, Vinny Prospal has missed the whole season thus far, Marian Gaborik has missed time as well.
With Callahan poised to be out of the lineup for some time, the Rangers have to hope that Drury’s return can help spark them and generate the offense they’ll lose. If Drury can score and Prospal comes back soon as well, the offense will stay strong in New York and keep them moving right along.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5