Dec 15, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
While tonight’s game against Pittsburgh was viewed to be a big one for the Rangers with getting captain Chris Drury back into the lineup, the good mojo didn’t even last a full period. The team’s second leading scorer left tonight’s game after breaking his hand blocking a shot.
Callahan has 23 points this year (10 goals, 13 assists) and has been the unquestionable character leader of the team. While guys like Brandon Dubinsky are the vocal leader of the team, Callahan is the guy that leads by example on the ice. It’s unknown as of now how long he’ll be out of the lineup, but this Rangers team has done well this year while having key players out of the lineup for long stretches of time. Drury’s missed most of the season thanks to finger issues, Vinny Prospal has missed the whole season thus far, Marian Gaborik has missed time as well.
With Callahan poised to be out of the lineup for some time, the Rangers have to hope that Drury’s return can help spark them and generate the offense they’ll lose. If Drury can score and Prospal comes back soon as well, the offense will stay strong in New York and keep them moving right along.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)