Dec 15, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
While tonight’s game against Pittsburgh was viewed to be a big one for the Rangers with getting captain Chris Drury back into the lineup, the good mojo didn’t even last a full period. The team’s second leading scorer left tonight’s game after breaking his hand blocking a shot.
Callahan has 23 points this year (10 goals, 13 assists) and has been the unquestionable character leader of the team. While guys like Brandon Dubinsky are the vocal leader of the team, Callahan is the guy that leads by example on the ice. It’s unknown as of now how long he’ll be out of the lineup, but this Rangers team has done well this year while having key players out of the lineup for long stretches of time. Drury’s missed most of the season thanks to finger issues, Vinny Prospal has missed the whole season thus far, Marian Gaborik has missed time as well.
With Callahan poised to be out of the lineup for some time, the Rangers have to hope that Drury’s return can help spark them and generate the offense they’ll lose. If Drury can score and Prospal comes back soon as well, the offense will stay strong in New York and keep them moving right along.
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 2
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 8
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 18
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 30
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 85
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 99
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)