Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 PM EDT
While they’re not all the way back from injury yet, it sounds like both Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane could play again for the Chicago Blackhawks very soon.
Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago reports that – contrary to some other reports – Hossa won’t be back tonight against Colorado, but the team might actually get Kane back as early as Friday.
As you may remember, the Hawks were expecting Kane to miss as many as three weeks. Considering the fact that he suffered the injury on December 5th, coming back on the 17th would put him way ahead of schedule.
Anyway, we’ll keep you informed about both forwards’ progress.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)