Dec 15, 2010, 1:36 AM EST
(To take a look at Marc-Andre Fleury’s other save of the week victory, click here.)
Most – if not all – good things must come to an end. That was the case with the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight, as their 12-game winning streak was halted while Fleury’s personal 11-game run also ended. (Only Sidney Crosby kept his hot streak going.)
If it’s any consolation, Fleury earned the save of the week award for the week of December 6-12.
Fleury made the save during the team’s last win against the Buffalo Sabres, as he stopped rugged forward Mike Grier with a nice kick save. As you can see, PHT readers chose Fleury by a pretty large margin.
OK, now that you’ve seen the results, take a look at video footage of the stop.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 24
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)