Dec 15, 2010, 1:36 AM EDT
(To take a look at Marc-Andre Fleury’s other save of the week victory, click here.)
Most – if not all – good things must come to an end. That was the case with the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight, as their 12-game winning streak was halted while Fleury’s personal 11-game run also ended. (Only Sidney Crosby kept his hot streak going.)
If it’s any consolation, Fleury earned the save of the week award for the week of December 6-12.
Fleury made the save during the team’s last win against the Buffalo Sabres, as he stopped rugged forward Mike Grier with a nice kick save. As you can see, PHT readers chose Fleury by a pretty large margin.
OK, now that you’ve seen the results, take a look at video footage of the stop.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63