Dec 15, 2010, 1:36 AM EST
(To take a look at Marc-Andre Fleury’s other save of the week victory, click here.)
Most – if not all – good things must come to an end. That was the case with the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight, as their 12-game winning streak was halted while Fleury’s personal 11-game run also ended. (Only Sidney Crosby kept his hot streak going.)
If it’s any consolation, Fleury earned the save of the week award for the week of December 6-12.
Fleury made the save during the team’s last win against the Buffalo Sabres, as he stopped rugged forward Mike Grier with a nice kick save. As you can see, PHT readers chose Fleury by a pretty large margin.
OK, now that you’ve seen the results, take a look at video footage of the stop.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 1
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 56
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)