Dec 15, 2010, 12:38 AM EDT
(For a recap of tonight’s other game – Philadelphia ending Pittsburgh’s winning streak, but not Sidney Crosby’s points streak – click here.)
Tonight we had an Eastern Conference confrontation between the two best teams in the Atlantic Division (or conference/league, depending to ask) and a game that wouldn’t mean much except it’s between two Canadian teams.
Both Kris Versteeg and Phil Kessel scored one goal and one assist in the game. Dion Phaneuf and Mikhail Grabovski also scored for the Toronto Maple Leafs, while Oilers rookie Taylor Hall scored for Edmonton.
Jean-Sebastien Giguere stopped 23 out of 24 shots in this game, while Nikolai Khabibulin couldn’t stop the Leafs (allowing four goals on 34 shots).
Interestingly enough, the Leafs are now one point (28) ahead of the Oilers (27) after 30 games. Toronto is tied for 10th in the East while Edmonton finds themselves last in the West again.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)