Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face a tall order tonight, as they host the Philadelphia Flyers (aka the team that now leads the Atlantic Division, Eastern Conference and NHL in standings points).
That being said, the Habs’ odds could improve with the return of two important Canadiens: TSN reports that Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek might come back from injuries today.
Gomez missed the last two games with a “lower body injury” while Spacek was banged up from a fight against Clarke MacArthur during Saturday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
It sounds like Gomez will skate alongside promising prospect/call-up Max Pacioretty, a player who always seemed to end up on my NHL ’10 fantasy draft teams last year. (Clearly, that honor is his greatest claim to fame, as opposed to the fact that he currently leads the AHL in goals with 17.)
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)