Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face a tall order tonight, as they host the Philadelphia Flyers (aka the team that now leads the Atlantic Division, Eastern Conference and NHL in standings points).
That being said, the Habs’ odds could improve with the return of two important Canadiens: TSN reports that Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek might come back from injuries today.
Gomez missed the last two games with a “lower body injury” while Spacek was banged up from a fight against Clarke MacArthur during Saturday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
It sounds like Gomez will skate alongside promising prospect/call-up Max Pacioretty, a player who always seemed to end up on my NHL ’10 fantasy draft teams last year. (Clearly, that honor is his greatest claim to fame, as opposed to the fact that he currently leads the AHL in goals with 17.)
- Report: NHL pondering more draft lottery changes 2
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 1
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 10
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 22
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 8
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 10
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 58
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series (58)