Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face a tall order tonight, as they host the Philadelphia Flyers (aka the team that now leads the Atlantic Division, Eastern Conference and NHL in standings points).
That being said, the Habs’ odds could improve with the return of two important Canadiens: TSN reports that Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek might come back from injuries today.
Gomez missed the last two games with a “lower body injury” while Spacek was banged up from a fight against Clarke MacArthur during Saturday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
It sounds like Gomez will skate alongside promising prospect/call-up Max Pacioretty, a player who always seemed to end up on my NHL ’10 fantasy draft teams last year. (Clearly, that honor is his greatest claim to fame, as opposed to the fact that he currently leads the AHL in goals with 17.)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)