Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face a tall order tonight, as they host the Philadelphia Flyers (aka the team that now leads the Atlantic Division, Eastern Conference and NHL in standings points).
That being said, the Habs’ odds could improve with the return of two important Canadiens: TSN reports that Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek might come back from injuries today.
Gomez missed the last two games with a “lower body injury” while Spacek was banged up from a fight against Clarke MacArthur during Saturday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
It sounds like Gomez will skate alongside promising prospect/call-up Max Pacioretty, a player who always seemed to end up on my NHL ’10 fantasy draft teams last year. (Clearly, that honor is his greatest claim to fame, as opposed to the fact that he currently leads the AHL in goals with 17.)
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8