Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens face a tall order tonight, as they host the Philadelphia Flyers (aka the team that now leads the Atlantic Division, Eastern Conference and NHL in standings points).
That being said, the Habs’ odds could improve with the return of two important Canadiens: TSN reports that Scott Gomez and Jaroslav Spacek might come back from injuries today.
Gomez missed the last two games with a “lower body injury” while Spacek was banged up from a fight against Clarke MacArthur during Saturday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
It sounds like Gomez will skate alongside promising prospect/call-up Max Pacioretty, a player who always seemed to end up on my NHL ’10 fantasy draft teams last year. (Clearly, that honor is his greatest claim to fame, as opposed to the fact that he currently leads the AHL in goals with 17.)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)