Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
With only two games pitting four NHL teams against each other last night, there weren’t a ton of goals to choose from. If you want to take it further, there was only one Edmonton Oilers goal to speak of, but it just happened to be the most aesthetically pleasing tally of the 10 Tuesday goals.
Then again, the Oilers kids seem to have a penchant for scoring highlight reel goals. They seem comfortable residing in a video clip universe where wins and loses almost seem trivial compared to the artistry of a single moment that normally lasts less than a minute.
Taylor Hall scored at least one goal of the night-worthy tally while Linus Omark’s goal was the talk of the town last week. Yet every once in a while, we get treated to a goal that is something of a team effort.
Jordan Eberle earned his goal, but his teammates did an outstanding job to set the table for him. Hall created havoc at some point before the goal was set up, Ryan Whitney bested the underrated chore of keeping the puck in the zone and Sam Gagner provided a sweet pass to Eberle for the goal.
Check out the video below. My guess is we’ll see our fair share of jaw dropping goals from Eberle & Co. over the next few weeks/months/years.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 9
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1