Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
With only two games pitting four NHL teams against each other last night, there weren’t a ton of goals to choose from. If you want to take it further, there was only one Edmonton Oilers goal to speak of, but it just happened to be the most aesthetically pleasing tally of the 10 Tuesday goals.
Then again, the Oilers kids seem to have a penchant for scoring highlight reel goals. They seem comfortable residing in a video clip universe where wins and loses almost seem trivial compared to the artistry of a single moment that normally lasts less than a minute.
Taylor Hall scored at least one goal of the night-worthy tally while Linus Omark’s goal was the talk of the town last week. Yet every once in a while, we get treated to a goal that is something of a team effort.
Jordan Eberle earned his goal, but his teammates did an outstanding job to set the table for him. Hall created havoc at some point before the goal was set up, Ryan Whitney bested the underrated chore of keeping the puck in the zone and Sam Gagner provided a sweet pass to Eberle for the goal.
Check out the video below. My guess is we’ll see our fair share of jaw dropping goals from Eberle & Co. over the next few weeks/months/years.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)