Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
With only two games pitting four NHL teams against each other last night, there weren’t a ton of goals to choose from. If you want to take it further, there was only one Edmonton Oilers goal to speak of, but it just happened to be the most aesthetically pleasing tally of the 10 Tuesday goals.
Then again, the Oilers kids seem to have a penchant for scoring highlight reel goals. They seem comfortable residing in a video clip universe where wins and loses almost seem trivial compared to the artistry of a single moment that normally lasts less than a minute.
Taylor Hall scored at least one goal of the night-worthy tally while Linus Omark’s goal was the talk of the town last week. Yet every once in a while, we get treated to a goal that is something of a team effort.
Jordan Eberle earned his goal, but his teammates did an outstanding job to set the table for him. Hall created havoc at some point before the goal was set up, Ryan Whitney bested the underrated chore of keeping the puck in the zone and Sam Gagner provided a sweet pass to Eberle for the goal.
Check out the video below. My guess is we’ll see our fair share of jaw dropping goals from Eberle & Co. over the next few weeks/months/years.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 6
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)