Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
With only two games pitting four NHL teams against each other last night, there weren’t a ton of goals to choose from. If you want to take it further, there was only one Edmonton Oilers goal to speak of, but it just happened to be the most aesthetically pleasing tally of the 10 Tuesday goals.
Then again, the Oilers kids seem to have a penchant for scoring highlight reel goals. They seem comfortable residing in a video clip universe where wins and loses almost seem trivial compared to the artistry of a single moment that normally lasts less than a minute.
Taylor Hall scored at least one goal of the night-worthy tally while Linus Omark’s goal was the talk of the town last week. Yet every once in a while, we get treated to a goal that is something of a team effort.
Jordan Eberle earned his goal, but his teammates did an outstanding job to set the table for him. Hall created havoc at some point before the goal was set up, Ryan Whitney bested the underrated chore of keeping the puck in the zone and Sam Gagner provided a sweet pass to Eberle for the goal.
Check out the video below. My guess is we’ll see our fair share of jaw dropping goals from Eberle & Co. over the next few weeks/months/years.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 38
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)