City of Glendale approves Coyotes’ new lease deal 5-2; light at the end of the tunnel approaches rapidly
Dec 15, 2010, 2:25 AM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of actually owning the Phoenix Coyotes keep getting brighter. In fact, I’m not exactly sure what other obstacles are standing in his way anymore at this point.
That’s because the City of Glendale approved the new lease agreement proposed by Hulsizer and the Coyotes after a meeting that went deep into the night by a vote of 5-2.
With that, Travis Hair of the Coyotes blog Five for Howling writes that “Coyotes fans are nearly done with this 2 year ordeal.”
Now, people looking at things with the always-clear 20/20 vision might point out that the City of Glendale could have saved themselves a lot of money by being more proactive and striking a deal earlier in the process, but ultimately both sides got what they really needed. It wasn’t pretty, but with the NHL’s deadline for the Coyotes to sell the team rapidly approaching, who really cares about style points?
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)