City of Glendale approves Coyotes’ new lease deal 5-2; light at the end of the tunnel approaches rapidly
Dec 15, 2010, 2:25 AM EDT
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of actually owning the Phoenix Coyotes keep getting brighter. In fact, I’m not exactly sure what other obstacles are standing in his way anymore at this point.
That’s because the City of Glendale approved the new lease agreement proposed by Hulsizer and the Coyotes after a meeting that went deep into the night by a vote of 5-2.
With that, Travis Hair of the Coyotes blog Five for Howling writes that “Coyotes fans are nearly done with this 2 year ordeal.”
Now, people looking at things with the always-clear 20/20 vision might point out that the City of Glendale could have saved themselves a lot of money by being more proactive and striking a deal earlier in the process, but ultimately both sides got what they really needed. It wasn’t pretty, but with the NHL’s deadline for the Coyotes to sell the team rapidly approaching, who really cares about style points?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)