City of Glendale approves Coyotes’ new lease deal 5-2; light at the end of the tunnel approaches rapidly
Dec 15, 2010, 2:25 AM EDT
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of actually owning the Phoenix Coyotes keep getting brighter. In fact, I’m not exactly sure what other obstacles are standing in his way anymore at this point.
That’s because the City of Glendale approved the new lease agreement proposed by Hulsizer and the Coyotes after a meeting that went deep into the night by a vote of 5-2.
With that, Travis Hair of the Coyotes blog Five for Howling writes that “Coyotes fans are nearly done with this 2 year ordeal.”
Now, people looking at things with the always-clear 20/20 vision might point out that the City of Glendale could have saved themselves a lot of money by being more proactive and striking a deal earlier in the process, but ultimately both sides got what they really needed. It wasn’t pretty, but with the NHL’s deadline for the Coyotes to sell the team rapidly approaching, who really cares about style points?
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40