City of Glendale approves Coyotes’ new lease deal 5-2; light at the end of the tunnel approaches rapidly
Dec 15, 2010, 2:25 AM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of actually owning the Phoenix Coyotes keep getting brighter. In fact, I’m not exactly sure what other obstacles are standing in his way anymore at this point.
That’s because the City of Glendale approved the new lease agreement proposed by Hulsizer and the Coyotes after a meeting that went deep into the night by a vote of 5-2.
With that, Travis Hair of the Coyotes blog Five for Howling writes that “Coyotes fans are nearly done with this 2 year ordeal.”
Now, people looking at things with the always-clear 20/20 vision might point out that the City of Glendale could have saved themselves a lot of money by being more proactive and striking a deal earlier in the process, but ultimately both sides got what they really needed. It wasn’t pretty, but with the NHL’s deadline for the Coyotes to sell the team rapidly approaching, who really cares about style points?
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)