City of Glendale approves Coyotes’ new lease deal 5-2; light at the end of the tunnel approaches rapidly
Dec 15, 2010, 2:25 AM EDT
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of actually owning the Phoenix Coyotes keep getting brighter. In fact, I’m not exactly sure what other obstacles are standing in his way anymore at this point.
That’s because the City of Glendale approved the new lease agreement proposed by Hulsizer and the Coyotes after a meeting that went deep into the night by a vote of 5-2.
With that, Travis Hair of the Coyotes blog Five for Howling writes that “Coyotes fans are nearly done with this 2 year ordeal.”
Now, people looking at things with the always-clear 20/20 vision might point out that the City of Glendale could have saved themselves a lot of money by being more proactive and striking a deal earlier in the process, but ultimately both sides got what they really needed. It wasn’t pretty, but with the NHL’s deadline for the Coyotes to sell the team rapidly approaching, who really cares about style points?
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)