Dec 14, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know there’s been more exciting goals scored in recent days for the goal of the night award, but this one doubles as the goal of the night and the failboat special. Bryan Little’s overtime game-winner to beat Ottawa wasn’t a dazzling goal. There wasn’t a deke or a spinorama for anyone to get up in arms about or even anything particularly acrobatic. A simple wrist shot snapper past Brian Elliott up high in the net.
It all doesn’t happen though if Jason Spezza makes a smarter pass. Instead, Spezza gained the offensive zone and looked to give it back to defenseman Filip Kuba. Kuba wasn’t quite in position yet and the pass was sent along without any urgency and Little picked it off and hustled away off to the Ottawa zone to deposit the goal that would give Atlanta a 4-3 win. See the failure in all its ultimate glory right here.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25