Dec 14, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know there’s been more exciting goals scored in recent days for the goal of the night award, but this one doubles as the goal of the night and the failboat special. Bryan Little’s overtime game-winner to beat Ottawa wasn’t a dazzling goal. There wasn’t a deke or a spinorama for anyone to get up in arms about or even anything particularly acrobatic. A simple wrist shot snapper past Brian Elliott up high in the net.
It all doesn’t happen though if Jason Spezza makes a smarter pass. Instead, Spezza gained the offensive zone and looked to give it back to defenseman Filip Kuba. Kuba wasn’t quite in position yet and the pass was sent along without any urgency and Little picked it off and hustled away off to the Ottawa zone to deposit the goal that would give Atlanta a 4-3 win. See the failure in all its ultimate glory right here.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10