Dec 14, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
We know there’s been more exciting goals scored in recent days for the goal of the night award, but this one doubles as the goal of the night and the failboat special. Bryan Little’s overtime game-winner to beat Ottawa wasn’t a dazzling goal. There wasn’t a deke or a spinorama for anyone to get up in arms about or even anything particularly acrobatic. A simple wrist shot snapper past Brian Elliott up high in the net.
It all doesn’t happen though if Jason Spezza makes a smarter pass. Instead, Spezza gained the offensive zone and looked to give it back to defenseman Filip Kuba. Kuba wasn’t quite in position yet and the pass was sent along without any urgency and Little picked it off and hustled away off to the Ottawa zone to deposit the goal that would give Atlanta a 4-3 win. See the failure in all its ultimate glory right here.
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 0
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 0
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 20
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25