Dec 14, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
We know there’s been more exciting goals scored in recent days for the goal of the night award, but this one doubles as the goal of the night and the failboat special. Bryan Little’s overtime game-winner to beat Ottawa wasn’t a dazzling goal. There wasn’t a deke or a spinorama for anyone to get up in arms about or even anything particularly acrobatic. A simple wrist shot snapper past Brian Elliott up high in the net.
It all doesn’t happen though if Jason Spezza makes a smarter pass. Instead, Spezza gained the offensive zone and looked to give it back to defenseman Filip Kuba. Kuba wasn’t quite in position yet and the pass was sent along without any urgency and Little picked it off and hustled away off to the Ottawa zone to deposit the goal that would give Atlanta a 4-3 win. See the failure in all its ultimate glory right here.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 7
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 53
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 83
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut