Dec 14, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
There’s just two games tonight, but we’re sure you’re going to be locked into seeing a game between perhaps the two best teams in the Eastern Conference right now. It works out nicely that they’re both located in the state of Pennsylvania too. Only question left is whether or not Sidney Crosby is the biggest star in Philly tomorrow or Cliff Lee. All times are Eastern.
Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia
The Pens bring their 12 game win streak into Philadelphia for a dance with the Flyers. Rejoining the Penguins will be Evgeni Malkin. Oh sure, just what the hottest team in the league needed to have back, their second-best player. Sidney Crosby will look to keep his 18-game point streak alive and he’ll do it against either Brian Boucher or Sergei Bobrovsky. Our gut tells us that it’ll be Boucher as the Flyers seem to be taking greater care with Bobrovsky who they may have worked a bit too hard in the last month or so. The Flyers have their own mini-win streak to take care of as they’ve won their last two.
Toronto @ Edmonton
And now for something completely different. All right so it’s not a marquee match up, but it’s the first game on Toronto’s western Canada swing and starting off with the gutsy and youthful Oilers might not be the start the Leafs were hoping for. Edmonton’s played hard lately and their guts have paid off for them winning five of their last seven games. The Leafs showed some life of their own beating Montreal on Saturday night. They’ll have to do it again and do it consistently if they’re going to turn things around this season and the Oilers will be the right test for them.
Can the Leafs defense keep up with the quick Oilers forwards on the fast ice in Edmonton? We’ll see. Let’s just hope everyone can keep their eyes on the ice though as the Oilers will be debuting their Cheer Team tomorrow, a day surely to be seen as a dark day in Canadian hockey history for resorting to such entertainment.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)