Dec 13, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for the Washington Capitals, but it was made that much more unsightly by the fact that Henrik Lundqvist didn’t allow them a single goal. He had a 31-save shutout, although to be fair, the Caps did hit posts four times.
(Then again, you might know the old goalie cliche: they often say if the puck didn’t hit the post, it would’ve missed the net anyway.)
If one Capitals forward felt particularly foiled by the splendid Swedish stopper, it would be Mathieu Perreault. Lundqvist also made a nice lateral save against Perreault, but the best looking stop was Hank’s glove save against the Washington forward to preserve that shutout late in the game.
Check it out below.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9