Dec 13, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for the Washington Capitals, but it was made that much more unsightly by the fact that Henrik Lundqvist didn’t allow them a single goal. He had a 31-save shutout, although to be fair, the Caps did hit posts four times.
(Then again, you might know the old goalie cliche: they often say if the puck didn’t hit the post, it would’ve missed the net anyway.)
If one Capitals forward felt particularly foiled by the splendid Swedish stopper, it would be Mathieu Perreault. Lundqvist also made a nice lateral save against Perreault, but the best looking stop was Hank’s glove save against the Washington forward to preserve that shutout late in the game.
Check it out below.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)