Dec 13, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for the Washington Capitals, but it was made that much more unsightly by the fact that Henrik Lundqvist didn’t allow them a single goal. He had a 31-save shutout, although to be fair, the Caps did hit posts four times.
(Then again, you might know the old goalie cliche: they often say if the puck didn’t hit the post, it would’ve missed the net anyway.)
If one Capitals forward felt particularly foiled by the splendid Swedish stopper, it would be Mathieu Perreault. Lundqvist also made a nice lateral save against Perreault, but the best looking stop was Hank’s glove save against the Washington forward to preserve that shutout late in the game.
Check it out below.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 44
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)