Dec 13, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for the Washington Capitals, but it was made that much more unsightly by the fact that Henrik Lundqvist didn’t allow them a single goal. He had a 31-save shutout, although to be fair, the Caps did hit posts four times.
(Then again, you might know the old goalie cliche: they often say if the puck didn’t hit the post, it would’ve missed the net anyway.)
If one Capitals forward felt particularly foiled by the splendid Swedish stopper, it would be Mathieu Perreault. Lundqvist also made a nice lateral save against Perreault, but the best looking stop was Hank’s glove save against the Washington forward to preserve that shutout late in the game.
Check it out below.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)