Dec 13, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It was an ugly night for the Washington Capitals, but it was made that much more unsightly by the fact that Henrik Lundqvist didn’t allow them a single goal. He had a 31-save shutout, although to be fair, the Caps did hit posts four times.
(Then again, you might know the old goalie cliche: they often say if the puck didn’t hit the post, it would’ve missed the net anyway.)
If one Capitals forward felt particularly foiled by the splendid Swedish stopper, it would be Mathieu Perreault. Lundqvist also made a nice lateral save against Perreault, but the best looking stop was Hank’s glove save against the Washington forward to preserve that shutout late in the game.
Check it out below.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28