Dec 12, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
There are basically two possibilities for video clips that make an impact even if they take place at a minor league level in sports.
a) something really ugly happened, like a violent moment on ice.
– or –
b) a transcendent moment of individual skill took place.
In the case of San Jose Sharks prospect Alex Stalock’s sprawling glove save, it was a double shot of choice “b.” The sequence included one fairly impressive moment when New York Islanders prospect Josh Bailey made a nice behind-the-back pass and then Stalock persevered despite being out of position to make a jaw-dropping glove save on Trent Campbell.
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin writes that Stalock isn’t living up to expectations in the big picture so far this season, but it’s hard to argue with the beauty of the moving pictures below.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)