Dec 12, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
There are basically two possibilities for video clips that make an impact even if they take place at a minor league level in sports.
a) something really ugly happened, like a violent moment on ice.
- or -
b) a transcendent moment of individual skill took place.
In the case of San Jose Sharks prospect Alex Stalock’s sprawling glove save, it was a double shot of choice “b.” The sequence included one fairly impressive moment when New York Islanders prospect Josh Bailey made a nice behind-the-back pass and then Stalock persevered despite being out of position to make a jaw-dropping glove save on Trent Campbell.
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin writes that Stalock isn’t living up to expectations in the big picture so far this season, but it’s hard to argue with the beauty of the moving pictures below.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)