Dec 12, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
There are basically two possibilities for video clips that make an impact even if they take place at a minor league level in sports.
a) something really ugly happened, like a violent moment on ice.
– or –
b) a transcendent moment of individual skill took place.
In the case of San Jose Sharks prospect Alex Stalock’s sprawling glove save, it was a double shot of choice “b.” The sequence included one fairly impressive moment when New York Islanders prospect Josh Bailey made a nice behind-the-back pass and then Stalock persevered despite being out of position to make a jaw-dropping glove save on Trent Campbell.
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin writes that Stalock isn’t living up to expectations in the big picture so far this season, but it’s hard to argue with the beauty of the moving pictures below.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5