Dec 12, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
There are basically two possibilities for video clips that make an impact even if they take place at a minor league level in sports.
a) something really ugly happened, like a violent moment on ice.
– or –
b) a transcendent moment of individual skill took place.
In the case of San Jose Sharks prospect Alex Stalock’s sprawling glove save, it was a double shot of choice “b.” The sequence included one fairly impressive moment when New York Islanders prospect Josh Bailey made a nice behind-the-back pass and then Stalock persevered despite being out of position to make a jaw-dropping glove save on Trent Campbell.
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin writes that Stalock isn’t living up to expectations in the big picture so far this season, but it’s hard to argue with the beauty of the moving pictures below.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12