Dec 12, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
There are basically two possibilities for video clips that make an impact even if they take place at a minor league level in sports.
a) something really ugly happened, like a violent moment on ice.
- or -
b) a transcendent moment of individual skill took place.
In the case of San Jose Sharks prospect Alex Stalock’s sprawling glove save, it was a double shot of choice “b.” The sequence included one fairly impressive moment when New York Islanders prospect Josh Bailey made a nice behind-the-back pass and then Stalock persevered despite being out of position to make a jaw-dropping glove save on Trent Campbell.
Mr. Plank of Fear the Fin writes that Stalock isn’t living up to expectations in the big picture so far this season, but it’s hard to argue with the beauty of the moving pictures below.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35