Dec 12, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at a light night of NHL action, with only three games.
This pieces focuses on how a six-game losing streak could very well be a blessing in disguise for the struggling Capitals, but we didn’t focus much on the Rangers’ side of tonight’ game.
Well, the Rangers absolutely dominated the flat Caps in this game. Henrik Lundqvist earned a 31-save shutout as a handful of New York players stood out. Ryan Callahan scored two goals while Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky and Brandon Prust each added a goal and an assist.
Devan Dubnky was quite good (30 saves), but the Sedin twins were even better in this one. Henrik Sedin had one goal and one assist and Daniel Sedin provided two assists, as the weird looking ginger twins were involved with both of the Canucks tallies in this one. Jordan Eberle scored the Oilers’ only goal with just five seconds left on the power play.
Roberto Luongo was five seconds away from a shutout, but considering the fact that he only needed to make 11 saves tonight, it’s tough to feel too bad for him.
The Canucks are pretty hot lately (6-1-1 in eight) while the Oilers are starting to figure things out a bit too, going 5-1-1 in their last seven.
The Ducks’ big three power forwards dominated this game. Corey Perry scored his first career hat trick and also had two assists while Ryan Getzlaf (two goals, one assist) and Bobby Ryan (one goal, two assists) also factored heavily into the scoring. The 11 combined points was the best output of the season for the big three.
Anaheim now has as many points as the Pacific-leading Dallas Stars (36), but they’ve played four more games than Dallas (33 to 29) so they still have quite a ways to go. Still, the Ducks are one of the best teams at home this season, with a 11-6-1 mark in Anaheim so far.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25