Dec 12, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Sometimes when we’re picking out the goal of the night honoree we’ll pick out a tough guy that scores because it’s such a rarity. Matt Hendricks of the Washington Capitals is a tough guy but certainly not a goon by any stretch. Still, he hit the score sheet last night and did so in such a way that it’s worthy of showing off no matter what kind of player he is.
Hendricks’ third period goal is particularly impressive considering that he managed to do it without really looking. A quick grab of the puck from Mike Knuble and then with his back facing Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson, Hendricks squared up, shoveled the puck between his own legs and past Anderson. Seeing is worth believing on this amazing goal.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8