Dec 12, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Sometimes when we’re picking out the goal of the night honoree we’ll pick out a tough guy that scores because it’s such a rarity. Matt Hendricks of the Washington Capitals is a tough guy but certainly not a goon by any stretch. Still, he hit the score sheet last night and did so in such a way that it’s worthy of showing off no matter what kind of player he is.
Hendricks’ third period goal is particularly impressive considering that he managed to do it without really looking. A quick grab of the puck from Mike Knuble and then with his back facing Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson, Hendricks squared up, shoveled the puck between his own legs and past Anderson. Seeing is worth believing on this amazing goal.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53