Dec 12, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Sometimes when we’re picking out the goal of the night honoree we’ll pick out a tough guy that scores because it’s such a rarity. Matt Hendricks of the Washington Capitals is a tough guy but certainly not a goon by any stretch. Still, he hit the score sheet last night and did so in such a way that it’s worthy of showing off no matter what kind of player he is.
Hendricks’ third period goal is particularly impressive considering that he managed to do it without really looking. A quick grab of the puck from Mike Knuble and then with his back facing Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson, Hendricks squared up, shoveled the puck between his own legs and past Anderson. Seeing is worth believing on this amazing goal.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5