Dec 12, 2010, 12:57 PM EDT
Caps star forward Alexander Semin did a very bad thing last night in the Caps 3-2 loss to Colorado. In the second period of play, Semin cross checked Avalanche defenseman John-Michael Liles in the head. Semin appeared to be agitated with Liles’ light cross checks and responded in over-the-top fashion. You can see crude video of the hit here from YouTube. Semin was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for the hit.
Today, we hear from TSN’s Bob McKenzie that Semin will be fined for the hit and will be available to play tonight against the New York Rangers. It’s a good thing for the Caps that Semin will be available because taking one of their big offensive guns out of the lineup would be a tough blow for a team that’s been struggling to score goals consistently of late, something that’s helped lead to their five game losing streak.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63