Dec 12, 2010, 12:57 PM EST
Caps star forward Alexander Semin did a very bad thing last night in the Caps 3-2 loss to Colorado. In the second period of play, Semin cross checked Avalanche defenseman John-Michael Liles in the head. Semin appeared to be agitated with Liles’ light cross checks and responded in over-the-top fashion. You can see crude video of the hit here from YouTube. Semin was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct for the hit.
Today, we hear from TSN’s Bob McKenzie that Semin will be fined for the hit and will be available to play tonight against the New York Rangers. It’s a good thing for the Caps that Semin will be available because taking one of their big offensive guns out of the lineup would be a tough blow for a team that’s been struggling to score goals consistently of late, something that’s helped lead to their five game losing streak.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54