Dec 11, 2010, 1:11 AM EDT
For summaries of tonight’s first three games, click here.
Here are summaries of the three later games from Friday.
These two teams played a pretty evenly-matched game, but it seemed like the Stars were just a little bit better the entire time. Of course, it was far from easy for Dallas, as they needed to go to a shootout to beat Carolina.
Andrew Raycroft was strong in another relief game of injured goalie Kari Lehtonen, making an especially magnificent glove save to keep the Stars in the game during a hectic overtime session (both squads combined for 10 shots in the five minute overtime).
Ultimately, Raycroft and Brad Richards were too good in the shootout as the Stars eked out yet another home win in front of a meager crowd.
Nikolai Khabibulin stood on his head against the team he once helped win a Stanley Cup, stopping 38 pucks to help the Edmonton Oilers with for the fifth time in six games. Edmonton now sits at 27 points thanks to an impressive 7-2-1 run in their last 10.
Linus Omark made an impact in his NHL debut, scoring a dazzling shootout goal. The game’s two No. 1 overall picks game through in this one, as Steve Stamkos (2008) and Taylor Hall (2010) each scored a goal to help their teams earn at least one point.
If you want a theme for the night’s final three games, it would be charity points. The final trio of contests each went to the shootout, as the Ducks prevailed over the fledgling Flames in this one.
Jonas Hiller was almost as good for the Ducks as Khabibulin was for the Oilers, as the Swiss netminder stopped 37 Flames shots to get his team to a shootout. Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf scored for the Ducks in that skills competition while only free agent steal Alex Tanguay could manage a SO goal for the Flames. Jarome Iginla had a solid effort in the loss, assisting on both of Calgary’s goals.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7