Dec 11, 2010, 1:11 AM EDT
For summaries of tonight’s first three games, click here.
Here are summaries of the three later games from Friday.
These two teams played a pretty evenly-matched game, but it seemed like the Stars were just a little bit better the entire time. Of course, it was far from easy for Dallas, as they needed to go to a shootout to beat Carolina.
Andrew Raycroft was strong in another relief game of injured goalie Kari Lehtonen, making an especially magnificent glove save to keep the Stars in the game during a hectic overtime session (both squads combined for 10 shots in the five minute overtime).
Ultimately, Raycroft and Brad Richards were too good in the shootout as the Stars eked out yet another home win in front of a meager crowd.
Nikolai Khabibulin stood on his head against the team he once helped win a Stanley Cup, stopping 38 pucks to help the Edmonton Oilers with for the fifth time in six games. Edmonton now sits at 27 points thanks to an impressive 7-2-1 run in their last 10.
Linus Omark made an impact in his NHL debut, scoring a dazzling shootout goal. The game’s two No. 1 overall picks game through in this one, as Steve Stamkos (2008) and Taylor Hall (2010) each scored a goal to help their teams earn at least one point.
If you want a theme for the night’s final three games, it would be charity points. The final trio of contests each went to the shootout, as the Ducks prevailed over the fledgling Flames in this one.
Jonas Hiller was almost as good for the Ducks as Khabibulin was for the Oilers, as the Swiss netminder stopped 37 Flames shots to get his team to a shootout. Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf scored for the Ducks in that skills competition while only free agent steal Alex Tanguay could manage a SO goal for the Flames. Jarome Iginla had a solid effort in the loss, assisting on both of Calgary’s goals.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)