Dec 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
It seems like this early afternoon’s stories all center on repeats of old news. From Jordan Staal’s soap opera of injuries continuing to yet another chapter in the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation being written, the subjects have been pretty familiar.
That trend continues, as the once-dead Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings rumors are surfacing once again.
The Kings could use a player like Sturm, as the German forward scored at least 20 goals in seven of his 12 seasons in the NHL. His positive attitude and impressive speed would be a welcome element on the slightly thin corps of forwards in Los Angeles.
As you may remember, trading the oft-injured 32-year-old forward Sturm seemed like a done deal until the Kings were scared off by the fact that he wasn’t quite ready to return from injury. Yet TSN reports that the deal might be back on, pending (wait for it … ) a passed medical exam by Sturm.
Sources say the deal isn’t done yet, but it could be finalized as early as today.
As soon as terms of the trade have been agreed on, Sturm will be required to pass a medical exam to finalize the trade.
Last week, the Bruins appeared set to trade Sturm to the Kings for a conditional draft pick, with the deal being held up by medical issues.
Sturm had reportedly waived his no-trade clause.
Naturally, we’ll keep you updated on whether or not this deal will finally be made.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)