Dec 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
It seems like this early afternoon’s stories all center on repeats of old news. From Jordan Staal’s soap opera of injuries continuing to yet another chapter in the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation being written, the subjects have been pretty familiar.
That trend continues, as the once-dead Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings rumors are surfacing once again.
The Kings could use a player like Sturm, as the German forward scored at least 20 goals in seven of his 12 seasons in the NHL. His positive attitude and impressive speed would be a welcome element on the slightly thin corps of forwards in Los Angeles.
As you may remember, trading the oft-injured 32-year-old forward Sturm seemed like a done deal until the Kings were scared off by the fact that he wasn’t quite ready to return from injury. Yet TSN reports that the deal might be back on, pending (wait for it … ) a passed medical exam by Sturm.
Sources say the deal isn’t done yet, but it could be finalized as early as today.
As soon as terms of the trade have been agreed on, Sturm will be required to pass a medical exam to finalize the trade.
Last week, the Bruins appeared set to trade Sturm to the Kings for a conditional draft pick, with the deal being held up by medical issues.
Sturm had reportedly waived his no-trade clause.
Naturally, we’ll keep you updated on whether or not this deal will finally be made.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)