Dec 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
It seems like this early afternoon’s stories all center on repeats of old news. From Jordan Staal’s soap opera of injuries continuing to yet another chapter in the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation being written, the subjects have been pretty familiar.
That trend continues, as the once-dead Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings rumors are surfacing once again.
The Kings could use a player like Sturm, as the German forward scored at least 20 goals in seven of his 12 seasons in the NHL. His positive attitude and impressive speed would be a welcome element on the slightly thin corps of forwards in Los Angeles.
As you may remember, trading the oft-injured 32-year-old forward Sturm seemed like a done deal until the Kings were scared off by the fact that he wasn’t quite ready to return from injury. Yet TSN reports that the deal might be back on, pending (wait for it … ) a passed medical exam by Sturm.
Sources say the deal isn’t done yet, but it could be finalized as early as today.
As soon as terms of the trade have been agreed on, Sturm will be required to pass a medical exam to finalize the trade.
Last week, the Bruins appeared set to trade Sturm to the Kings for a conditional draft pick, with the deal being held up by medical issues.
Sturm had reportedly waived his no-trade clause.
Naturally, we’ll keep you updated on whether or not this deal will finally be made.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)