Dec 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
It seems like this early afternoon’s stories all center on repeats of old news. From Jordan Staal’s soap opera of injuries continuing to yet another chapter in the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation being written, the subjects have been pretty familiar.
That trend continues, as the once-dead Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings rumors are surfacing once again.
The Kings could use a player like Sturm, as the German forward scored at least 20 goals in seven of his 12 seasons in the NHL. His positive attitude and impressive speed would be a welcome element on the slightly thin corps of forwards in Los Angeles.
As you may remember, trading the oft-injured 32-year-old forward Sturm seemed like a done deal until the Kings were scared off by the fact that he wasn’t quite ready to return from injury. Yet TSN reports that the deal might be back on, pending (wait for it … ) a passed medical exam by Sturm.
Sources say the deal isn’t done yet, but it could be finalized as early as today.
As soon as terms of the trade have been agreed on, Sturm will be required to pass a medical exam to finalize the trade.
Last week, the Bruins appeared set to trade Sturm to the Kings for a conditional draft pick, with the deal being held up by medical issues.
Sturm had reportedly waived his no-trade clause.
Naturally, we’ll keep you updated on whether or not this deal will finally be made.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)