Dec 11, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
It seems like this early afternoon’s stories all center on repeats of old news. From Jordan Staal’s soap opera of injuries continuing to yet another chapter in the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation being written, the subjects have been pretty familiar.
That trend continues, as the once-dead Marco Sturm to the Los Angeles Kings rumors are surfacing once again.
The Kings could use a player like Sturm, as the German forward scored at least 20 goals in seven of his 12 seasons in the NHL. His positive attitude and impressive speed would be a welcome element on the slightly thin corps of forwards in Los Angeles.
As you may remember, trading the oft-injured 32-year-old forward Sturm seemed like a done deal until the Kings were scared off by the fact that he wasn’t quite ready to return from injury. Yet TSN reports that the deal might be back on, pending (wait for it … ) a passed medical exam by Sturm.
Sources say the deal isn’t done yet, but it could be finalized as early as today.
As soon as terms of the trade have been agreed on, Sturm will be required to pass a medical exam to finalize the trade.
Last week, the Bruins appeared set to trade Sturm to the Kings for a conditional draft pick, with the deal being held up by medical issues.
Sturm had reportedly waived his no-trade clause.
Naturally, we’ll keep you updated on whether or not this deal will finally be made.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)