Dec 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have seen plenty of young players debut this season. From 2010 No.1 overall pick Taylor Hall to Canadian national success Jordan Eberle to the previously hyphenated Magnus Paajarvi, the Oil faithful have seen some fresh-faced prospects make an immediate impact on their team.
He didn’t get to premiere with the team for the season opener in October, but Linus Omark was certainly on the radar as a promising player to watch.
It didn’t take long for the talented Euro to captivate hockey audiences, as he hammed it up with a fantastic display to score the shootout clincher as the Oilers bested the also young and talented Tampa Bay Lightning. While Pavel Datsyuk’s impressive backhand goal came really close, I had to give Friday’s goal of the night to Omark for this beauty.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)