Dec 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have seen plenty of young players debut this season. From 2010 No.1 overall pick Taylor Hall to Canadian national success Jordan Eberle to the previously hyphenated Magnus Paajarvi, the Oil faithful have seen some fresh-faced prospects make an immediate impact on their team.
He didn’t get to premiere with the team for the season opener in October, but Linus Omark was certainly on the radar as a promising player to watch.
It didn’t take long for the talented Euro to captivate hockey audiences, as he hammed it up with a fantastic display to score the shootout clincher as the Oilers bested the also young and talented Tampa Bay Lightning. While Pavel Datsyuk’s impressive backhand goal came really close, I had to give Friday’s goal of the night to Omark for this beauty.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)