Dec 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have seen plenty of young players debut this season. From 2010 No.1 overall pick Taylor Hall to Canadian national success Jordan Eberle to the previously hyphenated Magnus Paajarvi, the Oil faithful have seen some fresh-faced prospects make an immediate impact on their team.
He didn’t get to premiere with the team for the season opener in October, but Linus Omark was certainly on the radar as a promising player to watch.
It didn’t take long for the talented Euro to captivate hockey audiences, as he hammed it up with a fantastic display to score the shootout clincher as the Oilers bested the also young and talented Tampa Bay Lightning. While Pavel Datsyuk’s impressive backhand goal came really close, I had to give Friday’s goal of the night to Omark for this beauty.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)