Dec 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have seen plenty of young players debut this season. From 2010 No.1 overall pick Taylor Hall to Canadian national success Jordan Eberle to the previously hyphenated Magnus Paajarvi, the Oil faithful have seen some fresh-faced prospects make an immediate impact on their team.
He didn’t get to premiere with the team for the season opener in October, but Linus Omark was certainly on the radar as a promising player to watch.
It didn’t take long for the talented Euro to captivate hockey audiences, as he hammed it up with a fantastic display to score the shootout clincher as the Oilers bested the also young and talented Tampa Bay Lightning. While Pavel Datsyuk’s impressive backhand goal came really close, I had to give Friday’s goal of the night to Omark for this beauty.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5