Dec 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have seen plenty of young players debut this season. From 2010 No.1 overall pick Taylor Hall to Canadian national success Jordan Eberle to the previously hyphenated Magnus Paajarvi, the Oil faithful have seen some fresh-faced prospects make an immediate impact on their team.
He didn’t get to premiere with the team for the season opener in October, but Linus Omark was certainly on the radar as a promising player to watch.
It didn’t take long for the talented Euro to captivate hockey audiences, as he hammed it up with a fantastic display to score the shootout clincher as the Oilers bested the also young and talented Tampa Bay Lightning. While Pavel Datsyuk’s impressive backhand goal came really close, I had to give Friday’s goal of the night to Omark for this beauty.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)