Dec 10, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Keeping you up to date on the further exploits of Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, it turns out he’s going to be missing just a little bit more time. Lehtonen missed the Stars last game against Chicago and he’s going to miss their games this weekend against Carolina tonight and tomorrow’s game in Phoenix.
Lehtonen is dealing with soreness in his back which, to some folks surprise, is actually a good thing. Lehtonen’s past injury problems have dealt with groin issues. While it’s never good for a player to be injured at all and certainly there’s reason to always be concerned given Lehtonen’s past, but having his issues be with something aside from his groin that’s a bit reassuring.
Fortunately for Dallas, Andrew Raycroft has been stellar in a backup role. In six games this year, he’s put up a 2.10 goals against average and a .935 save percentage with one shutout. That’ll get things done just fine.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 2
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)