Dec 10, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Keeping you up to date on the further exploits of Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, it turns out he’s going to be missing just a little bit more time. Lehtonen missed the Stars last game against Chicago and he’s going to miss their games this weekend against Carolina tonight and tomorrow’s game in Phoenix.
Lehtonen is dealing with soreness in his back which, to some folks surprise, is actually a good thing. Lehtonen’s past injury problems have dealt with groin issues. While it’s never good for a player to be injured at all and certainly there’s reason to always be concerned given Lehtonen’s past, but having his issues be with something aside from his groin that’s a bit reassuring.
Fortunately for Dallas, Andrew Raycroft has been stellar in a backup role. In six games this year, he’s put up a 2.10 goals against average and a .935 save percentage with one shutout. That’ll get things done just fine.
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 29
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 38
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)