Dec 10, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Keeping you up to date on the further exploits of Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, it turns out he’s going to be missing just a little bit more time. Lehtonen missed the Stars last game against Chicago and he’s going to miss their games this weekend against Carolina tonight and tomorrow’s game in Phoenix.
Lehtonen is dealing with soreness in his back which, to some folks surprise, is actually a good thing. Lehtonen’s past injury problems have dealt with groin issues. While it’s never good for a player to be injured at all and certainly there’s reason to always be concerned given Lehtonen’s past, but having his issues be with something aside from his groin that’s a bit reassuring.
Fortunately for Dallas, Andrew Raycroft has been stellar in a backup role. In six games this year, he’s put up a 2.10 goals against average and a .935 save percentage with one shutout. That’ll get things done just fine.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32