Dec 10, 2010, 5:13 PM EST
Keeping you up to date on the further exploits of Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, it turns out he’s going to be missing just a little bit more time. Lehtonen missed the Stars last game against Chicago and he’s going to miss their games this weekend against Carolina tonight and tomorrow’s game in Phoenix.
Lehtonen is dealing with soreness in his back which, to some folks surprise, is actually a good thing. Lehtonen’s past injury problems have dealt with groin issues. While it’s never good for a player to be injured at all and certainly there’s reason to always be concerned given Lehtonen’s past, but having his issues be with something aside from his groin that’s a bit reassuring.
Fortunately for Dallas, Andrew Raycroft has been stellar in a backup role. In six games this year, he’s put up a 2.10 goals against average and a .935 save percentage with one shutout. That’ll get things done just fine.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)