Dec 10, 2010, 5:13 PM EST
Keeping you up to date on the further exploits of Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen, it turns out he’s going to be missing just a little bit more time. Lehtonen missed the Stars last game against Chicago and he’s going to miss their games this weekend against Carolina tonight and tomorrow’s game in Phoenix.
Lehtonen is dealing with soreness in his back which, to some folks surprise, is actually a good thing. Lehtonen’s past injury problems have dealt with groin issues. While it’s never good for a player to be injured at all and certainly there’s reason to always be concerned given Lehtonen’s past, but having his issues be with something aside from his groin that’s a bit reassuring.
Fortunately for Dallas, Andrew Raycroft has been stellar in a backup role. In six games this year, he’s put up a 2.10 goals against average and a .935 save percentage with one shutout. That’ll get things done just fine.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)