Dec 10, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
I know it seems like we’re playing favorites here by always going to saves made my Miikka Kiprusoff but honestly, when he’s making saves look as good as the ones we’ve found from him it makes our job in picking the best of the night that much easier.
Such is the case with the stop he had Thursday night against Los Angeles. Midway through the first period with no score, the Flames appeared ready to gather and regroup behind their own net. Instead, Cory Sarich turns the puck over to Kings forward Ryan Smyth. Smyth dishes to Trevor Lewis who has his shot bounce of Kipper’s pads right to the stick of Jarret Stoll. Stoll looks to slam the puck home for an easy go-ahead goal but Kiprusoff lunges across the crease to intercept the shot with his goal stick.
Sounds incredible, right? Have a look for yourself. The Kings went on to win the game 2-1 but without Kiprusoff the outcome would’ve been much worse for Calgary.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (47)