Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EDT
With each announcement, it seems more and more likely that Matthew Hulsizer will become the new owner of the fledgling Phoenix Coyotes franchise.
The latest bit of potentially good news came today as the Glendale City Council scheduled to vote on a new lease for the Coyotes’ arena for Tuesday. If that new lease is approved, then Hulsizer will most likely be able to complete the purchase of the team.
That’s because Hulsizer already met with the NHL Board of Governors earlier this week, who voiced unanimous approval of the Chicago businessman’s purchase of the Coyotes.
So it’s not quite official yet, but the Coyotes are looking like they might be nearing the light at the end of dark, scary tunnel. It’s been a long time coming for the ‘Yotes … hopefully we’ll have some good news to pass along this week.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)