Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EST
With each announcement, it seems more and more likely that Matthew Hulsizer will become the new owner of the fledgling Phoenix Coyotes franchise.
The latest bit of potentially good news came today as the Glendale City Council scheduled to vote on a new lease for the Coyotes’ arena for Tuesday. If that new lease is approved, then Hulsizer will most likely be able to complete the purchase of the team.
That’s because Hulsizer already met with the NHL Board of Governors earlier this week, who voiced unanimous approval of the Chicago businessman’s purchase of the Coyotes.
So it’s not quite official yet, but the Coyotes are looking like they might be nearing the light at the end of dark, scary tunnel. It’s been a long time coming for the ‘Yotes … hopefully we’ll have some good news to pass along this week.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35