Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EDT
With each announcement, it seems more and more likely that Matthew Hulsizer will become the new owner of the fledgling Phoenix Coyotes franchise.
The latest bit of potentially good news came today as the Glendale City Council scheduled to vote on a new lease for the Coyotes’ arena for Tuesday. If that new lease is approved, then Hulsizer will most likely be able to complete the purchase of the team.
That’s because Hulsizer already met with the NHL Board of Governors earlier this week, who voiced unanimous approval of the Chicago businessman’s purchase of the Coyotes.
So it’s not quite official yet, but the Coyotes are looking like they might be nearing the light at the end of dark, scary tunnel. It’s been a long time coming for the ‘Yotes … hopefully we’ll have some good news to pass along this week.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5