Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EST
With each announcement, it seems more and more likely that Matthew Hulsizer will become the new owner of the fledgling Phoenix Coyotes franchise.
The latest bit of potentially good news came today as the Glendale City Council scheduled to vote on a new lease for the Coyotes’ arena for Tuesday. If that new lease is approved, then Hulsizer will most likely be able to complete the purchase of the team.
That’s because Hulsizer already met with the NHL Board of Governors earlier this week, who voiced unanimous approval of the Chicago businessman’s purchase of the Coyotes.
So it’s not quite official yet, but the Coyotes are looking like they might be nearing the light at the end of dark, scary tunnel. It’s been a long time coming for the ‘Yotes … hopefully we’ll have some good news to pass along this week.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing Tomas Hertl 12
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 52
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)