Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EDT
With each announcement, it seems more and more likely that Matthew Hulsizer will become the new owner of the fledgling Phoenix Coyotes franchise.
The latest bit of potentially good news came today as the Glendale City Council scheduled to vote on a new lease for the Coyotes’ arena for Tuesday. If that new lease is approved, then Hulsizer will most likely be able to complete the purchase of the team.
That’s because Hulsizer already met with the NHL Board of Governors earlier this week, who voiced unanimous approval of the Chicago businessman’s purchase of the Coyotes.
So it’s not quite official yet, but the Coyotes are looking like they might be nearing the light at the end of dark, scary tunnel. It’s been a long time coming for the ‘Yotes … hopefully we’ll have some good news to pass along this week.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 20
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 28
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)