Dec 10, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s going to be an emotional night for the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, as the team plans on retiring the jersey of former captain Markus Naslund before the game. It might be a pretty challenging one on the ice, too, because they’ll be without some valuable players.
Along with likely missing Mikael Samuelsson because of concussion concerns, the Canucks are expected to play without lightning fast winger Mason Raymond and useful defenseman Christian Ehrhoff.
TSN.com notes that Raymond is listed as week-to-week with a broken thumb while Ehrhoff is probably going to be sidelined because he was hit in the ear by a puck on Wednesday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5