Dec 10, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s going to be an emotional night for the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, as the team plans on retiring the jersey of former captain Markus Naslund before the game. It might be a pretty challenging one on the ice, too, because they’ll be without some valuable players.
Along with likely missing Mikael Samuelsson because of concussion concerns, the Canucks are expected to play without lightning fast winger Mason Raymond and useful defenseman Christian Ehrhoff.
TSN.com notes that Raymond is listed as week-to-week with a broken thumb while Ehrhoff is probably going to be sidelined because he was hit in the ear by a puck on Wednesday.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)