Dec 10, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s going to be an emotional night for the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, as the team plans on retiring the jersey of former captain Markus Naslund before the game. It might be a pretty challenging one on the ice, too, because they’ll be without some valuable players.
Along with likely missing Mikael Samuelsson because of concussion concerns, the Canucks are expected to play without lightning fast winger Mason Raymond and useful defenseman Christian Ehrhoff.
TSN.com notes that Raymond is listed as week-to-week with a broken thumb while Ehrhoff is probably going to be sidelined because he was hit in the ear by a puck on Wednesday.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story 1
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 22
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 70
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'