Dec 10, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s going to be an emotional night for the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, as the team plans on retiring the jersey of former captain Markus Naslund before the game. It might be a pretty challenging one on the ice, too, because they’ll be without some valuable players.
Along with likely missing Mikael Samuelsson because of concussion concerns, the Canucks are expected to play without lightning fast winger Mason Raymond and useful defenseman Christian Ehrhoff.
TSN.com notes that Raymond is listed as week-to-week with a broken thumb while Ehrhoff is probably going to be sidelined because he was hit in the ear by a puck on Wednesday.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)