Dec 10, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
It’s going to be an emotional night for the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, as the team plans on retiring the jersey of former captain Markus Naslund before the game. It might be a pretty challenging one on the ice, too, because they’ll be without some valuable players.
Along with likely missing Mikael Samuelsson because of concussion concerns, the Canucks are expected to play without lightning fast winger Mason Raymond and useful defenseman Christian Ehrhoff.
TSN.com notes that Raymond is listed as week-to-week with a broken thumb while Ehrhoff is probably going to be sidelined because he was hit in the ear by a puck on Wednesday.
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)