Dec 10, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
We’ve got to think that Panthers forward Mike Santorelli is a fan of the movie “Dodgeball.” We’re led to believe that because he put Patches O’Houlihan’s “five D’s” of dodgeball into action against the Capitals.
During a third period power play, Santorelli gets the pass along the half boards and proceeds to dodge the sliding Karl Alzner, he ducks and dips past goalie Semyon Varlamov, he dives below the goal line to steer clear of Varlamov and dodges a late slide by Boyd Gordon to stuff home the puck. The goal made it 3-0 and put the Caps away for good while Tomas Vokoun stymied the Caps on the other end of the ice for the shutout. Check out the video that would make good ole’ Patches proud to see his style put to work on the ice.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32