Dec 10, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
We’ve got to think that Panthers forward Mike Santorelli is a fan of the movie “Dodgeball.” We’re led to believe that because he put Patches O’Houlihan’s “five D’s” of dodgeball into action against the Capitals.
During a third period power play, Santorelli gets the pass along the half boards and proceeds to dodge the sliding Karl Alzner, he ducks and dips past goalie Semyon Varlamov, he dives below the goal line to steer clear of Varlamov and dodges a late slide by Boyd Gordon to stuff home the puck. The goal made it 3-0 and put the Caps away for good while Tomas Vokoun stymied the Caps on the other end of the ice for the shutout. Check out the video that would make good ole’ Patches proud to see his style put to work on the ice.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54