Dec 10, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
We’ve got to think that Panthers forward Mike Santorelli is a fan of the movie “Dodgeball.” We’re led to believe that because he put Patches O’Houlihan’s “five D’s” of dodgeball into action against the Capitals.
During a third period power play, Santorelli gets the pass along the half boards and proceeds to dodge the sliding Karl Alzner, he ducks and dips past goalie Semyon Varlamov, he dives below the goal line to steer clear of Varlamov and dodges a late slide by Boyd Gordon to stuff home the puck. The goal made it 3-0 and put the Caps away for good while Tomas Vokoun stymied the Caps on the other end of the ice for the shutout. Check out the video that would make good ole’ Patches proud to see his style put to work on the ice.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 0
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16