Dec 10, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
From the “maybe being a professional hockey player wouldn’t be that great after all files”: the Anaheim Ducks placed tough guy Aaron Voros on the injured reserve today because of a broken orbital bone suffered during a fight Wednesday against Vancouver Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.
The team recalled Dan Sexton from the AHL to take his spot in the lineup. Sexton is a forward who is more known for his offense than the pugilist Voros. (He’s also known for a wide variety of above average “sexy” pun nicknames based on his last name.)
As you can see from the video (via Hockey Fights.com), it was a pretty quick and evenly-matched fight … until Bieksa started landing some fierce right hands. Those won him the fight and put Voros on the shelf with that scary eye socket injury.
Voros also received a game misconduct during that altercation, but it looks like he’ll miss more than the rest of Wednesday’s contest for that fight.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 6
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)