Dec 10, 2010, 11:00 PM EST
From the “maybe being a professional hockey player wouldn’t be that great after all files”: the Anaheim Ducks placed tough guy Aaron Voros on the injured reserve today because of a broken orbital bone suffered during a fight Wednesday against Vancouver Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.
The team recalled Dan Sexton from the AHL to take his spot in the lineup. Sexton is a forward who is more known for his offense than the pugilist Voros. (He’s also known for a wide variety of above average “sexy” pun nicknames based on his last name.)
As you can see from the video (via Hockey Fights.com), it was a pretty quick and evenly-matched fight … until Bieksa started landing some fierce right hands. Those won him the fight and put Voros on the shelf with that scary eye socket injury.
Voros also received a game misconduct during that altercation, but it looks like he’ll miss more than the rest of Wednesday’s contest for that fight.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 0
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)