Dec 10, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
From the “maybe being a professional hockey player wouldn’t be that great after all files”: the Anaheim Ducks placed tough guy Aaron Voros on the injured reserve today because of a broken orbital bone suffered during a fight Wednesday against Vancouver Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.
The team recalled Dan Sexton from the AHL to take his spot in the lineup. Sexton is a forward who is more known for his offense than the pugilist Voros. (He’s also known for a wide variety of above average “sexy” pun nicknames based on his last name.)
As you can see from the video (via Hockey Fights.com), it was a pretty quick and evenly-matched fight … until Bieksa started landing some fierce right hands. Those won him the fight and put Voros on the shelf with that scary eye socket injury.
Voros also received a game misconduct during that altercation, but it looks like he’ll miss more than the rest of Wednesday’s contest for that fight.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)