Dec 10, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
From the “maybe being a professional hockey player wouldn’t be that great after all files”: the Anaheim Ducks placed tough guy Aaron Voros on the injured reserve today because of a broken orbital bone suffered during a fight Wednesday against Vancouver Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.
The team recalled Dan Sexton from the AHL to take his spot in the lineup. Sexton is a forward who is more known for his offense than the pugilist Voros. (He’s also known for a wide variety of above average “sexy” pun nicknames based on his last name.)
As you can see from the video (via Hockey Fights.com), it was a pretty quick and evenly-matched fight … until Bieksa started landing some fierce right hands. Those won him the fight and put Voros on the shelf with that scary eye socket injury.
Voros also received a game misconduct during that altercation, but it looks like he’ll miss more than the rest of Wednesday’s contest for that fight.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3