Dec 9, 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
It’s possible you’ve seen this floating around the Internet already, but since we’ve got the 2011 Winter Classic going on at NBC (That’s January 1st at 1:00 pm ET in case you’ve forgotten) we wanted to bring this to you as well.
An artist made up an architectural rendering of what Heinz Field might look like on January 1st and let’s just say that this painting is the sort of thing that a lot of fans might want to have on their wall after they’ve been to the game. In it you’ll see the layout of the rink set at midfield, the open expanse at the far end of Heinz Field with the skyline of Pittsburgh peeking out from behind the outline of the stadium. It makes for a truly picturesque view. Click on the photo to make it bigger.
One thing that makes us raise our eyebrows is the amount of the color red that’s evident through the stands. We know that Pittsburgh and Washington are relatively close by to each other (a long, obnoxious drive apart anyway) but will the stands at Heinz Field be that present with Capitals fans? It might make the game a bit more feisty rather than festive if that’s the case.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)