Dec 9, 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
It’s possible you’ve seen this floating around the Internet already, but since we’ve got the 2011 Winter Classic going on at NBC (That’s January 1st at 1:00 pm ET in case you’ve forgotten) we wanted to bring this to you as well.
An artist made up an architectural rendering of what Heinz Field might look like on January 1st and let’s just say that this painting is the sort of thing that a lot of fans might want to have on their wall after they’ve been to the game. In it you’ll see the layout of the rink set at midfield, the open expanse at the far end of Heinz Field with the skyline of Pittsburgh peeking out from behind the outline of the stadium. It makes for a truly picturesque view. Click on the photo to make it bigger.
One thing that makes us raise our eyebrows is the amount of the color red that’s evident through the stands. We know that Pittsburgh and Washington are relatively close by to each other (a long, obnoxious drive apart anyway) but will the stands at Heinz Field be that present with Capitals fans? It might make the game a bit more feisty rather than festive if that’s the case.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)