Dec 9, 2010, 6:37 PM EST
It’s possible you’ve seen this floating around the Internet already, but since we’ve got the 2011 Winter Classic going on at NBC (That’s January 1st at 1:00 pm ET in case you’ve forgotten) we wanted to bring this to you as well.
An artist made up an architectural rendering of what Heinz Field might look like on January 1st and let’s just say that this painting is the sort of thing that a lot of fans might want to have on their wall after they’ve been to the game. In it you’ll see the layout of the rink set at midfield, the open expanse at the far end of Heinz Field with the skyline of Pittsburgh peeking out from behind the outline of the stadium. It makes for a truly picturesque view. Click on the photo to make it bigger.
One thing that makes us raise our eyebrows is the amount of the color red that’s evident through the stands. We know that Pittsburgh and Washington are relatively close by to each other (a long, obnoxious drive apart anyway) but will the stands at Heinz Field be that present with Capitals fans? It might make the game a bit more feisty rather than festive if that’s the case.
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)