Dec 9, 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
It’s possible you’ve seen this floating around the Internet already, but since we’ve got the 2011 Winter Classic going on at NBC (That’s January 1st at 1:00 pm ET in case you’ve forgotten) we wanted to bring this to you as well.
An artist made up an architectural rendering of what Heinz Field might look like on January 1st and let’s just say that this painting is the sort of thing that a lot of fans might want to have on their wall after they’ve been to the game. In it you’ll see the layout of the rink set at midfield, the open expanse at the far end of Heinz Field with the skyline of Pittsburgh peeking out from behind the outline of the stadium. It makes for a truly picturesque view. Click on the photo to make it bigger.
One thing that makes us raise our eyebrows is the amount of the color red that’s evident through the stands. We know that Pittsburgh and Washington are relatively close by to each other (a long, obnoxious drive apart anyway) but will the stands at Heinz Field be that present with Capitals fans? It might make the game a bit more feisty rather than festive if that’s the case.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)