Dec 9, 2010, 6:37 PM EST
It’s possible you’ve seen this floating around the Internet already, but since we’ve got the 2011 Winter Classic going on at NBC (That’s January 1st at 1:00 pm ET in case you’ve forgotten) we wanted to bring this to you as well.
An artist made up an architectural rendering of what Heinz Field might look like on January 1st and let’s just say that this painting is the sort of thing that a lot of fans might want to have on their wall after they’ve been to the game. In it you’ll see the layout of the rink set at midfield, the open expanse at the far end of Heinz Field with the skyline of Pittsburgh peeking out from behind the outline of the stadium. It makes for a truly picturesque view. Click on the photo to make it bigger.
One thing that makes us raise our eyebrows is the amount of the color red that’s evident through the stands. We know that Pittsburgh and Washington are relatively close by to each other (a long, obnoxious drive apart anyway) but will the stands at Heinz Field be that present with Capitals fans? It might make the game a bit more feisty rather than festive if that’s the case.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)