Dec 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
A lot of interesting things happened last night, but from what I’ve seen, there weren’t a whole lot of jaw-dropping saves or outstanding goals. It happens to the best of them, I guess.
Then again, it’s probably not reasonable to expect every save to be of the awe-inspiring Tim Thomas glove save variety. That would be demanding to an extreme, wouldn’t it?
Well, anyway, Andrew Raycroft made what was probably the best stop of the evening. It didn’t look that amazing in that he didn’t need to sprawl or make a swooping glove motion, but think about it this way: he stopped one of this season’s most dangerous goal scorers (Patrick Sharp) in a breakaway situation. Not exactly chopped liver, I’d say.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)