Dec 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
A lot of interesting things happened last night, but from what I’ve seen, there weren’t a whole lot of jaw-dropping saves or outstanding goals. It happens to the best of them, I guess.
Then again, it’s probably not reasonable to expect every save to be of the awe-inspiring Tim Thomas glove save variety. That would be demanding to an extreme, wouldn’t it?
Well, anyway, Andrew Raycroft made what was probably the best stop of the evening. It didn’t look that amazing in that he didn’t need to sprawl or make a swooping glove motion, but think about it this way: he stopped one of this season’s most dangerous goal scorers (Patrick Sharp) in a breakaway situation. Not exactly chopped liver, I’d say.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)