Dec 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
A lot of interesting things happened last night, but from what I’ve seen, there weren’t a whole lot of jaw-dropping saves or outstanding goals. It happens to the best of them, I guess.
Then again, it’s probably not reasonable to expect every save to be of the awe-inspiring Tim Thomas glove save variety. That would be demanding to an extreme, wouldn’t it?
Well, anyway, Andrew Raycroft made what was probably the best stop of the evening. It didn’t look that amazing in that he didn’t need to sprawl or make a swooping glove motion, but think about it this way: he stopped one of this season’s most dangerous goal scorers (Patrick Sharp) in a breakaway situation. Not exactly chopped liver, I’d say.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)