Dec 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
A lot of interesting things happened last night, but from what I’ve seen, there weren’t a whole lot of jaw-dropping saves or outstanding goals. It happens to the best of them, I guess.
Then again, it’s probably not reasonable to expect every save to be of the awe-inspiring Tim Thomas glove save variety. That would be demanding to an extreme, wouldn’t it?
Well, anyway, Andrew Raycroft made what was probably the best stop of the evening. It didn’t look that amazing in that he didn’t need to sprawl or make a swooping glove motion, but think about it this way: he stopped one of this season’s most dangerous goal scorers (Patrick Sharp) in a breakaway situation. Not exactly chopped liver, I’d say.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 0
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)