Dec 9, 2010, 1:15 AM EDT
Missed tonight’s games? No fear, we’ll get you up to speed with summaries for Wednesday’s five-pack.
Are the Red Wings in a little trouble now? They’re on a three game losing streak since they lost to the Predators by a goal tonight. Then again, Detroit is still at least three points ahead of any other team in the Western Conference so I wouldn’t get too worried.
Anders Lindback made 35 saves as he continues to play some great hockey while normal starter Pekka Rinne deals with a knee injury. Colin Wilson, Martin Erat and J.P. Dumont scored Nashville goals while Pavel Datsyuk (one goal and one assist) and Johan Franzen provided Detroit’s offense.
Curtis McElhinney played for the Ducks … but didn’t make it through the entire game as he was pulled in favor of Jonas Hiller after allowing three goals. Roberto Luongo wasn’t exactly stellar either, allowing four goals on only 20 Ducks shots, but he got the win as the Canucks took the victory in the shootout.
It’s a good thing for their collective psyches that they did, too, after doubling Anaheim’s shots (40-20). Ryan Kesler scored two goals and one assist for the Canucks while Teemu Selanne and Corey Perry scored a goal and an assist each for the Ducks.
Marc Crawford wasn’t happy about how this one ended and you can’t really blame him after referees missed what looked like a penalty-shot worthy penalty.
The Flyers were one tenth of a second away from winning this one in overtime, yet instead they get to look back in disgust by the fact that they blew a 4-1 lead to lose this via a shootout. Here’s a better video of that split of a split second non-goal.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36