Dec 9, 2010, 1:15 AM EST
Missed tonight’s games? No fear, we’ll get you up to speed with summaries for Wednesday’s five-pack.
Are the Red Wings in a little trouble now? They’re on a three game losing streak since they lost to the Predators by a goal tonight. Then again, Detroit is still at least three points ahead of any other team in the Western Conference so I wouldn’t get too worried.
Anders Lindback made 35 saves as he continues to play some great hockey while normal starter Pekka Rinne deals with a knee injury. Colin Wilson, Martin Erat and J.P. Dumont scored Nashville goals while Pavel Datsyuk (one goal and one assist) and Johan Franzen provided Detroit’s offense.
Curtis McElhinney played for the Ducks … but didn’t make it through the entire game as he was pulled in favor of Jonas Hiller after allowing three goals. Roberto Luongo wasn’t exactly stellar either, allowing four goals on only 20 Ducks shots, but he got the win as the Canucks took the victory in the shootout.
It’s a good thing for their collective psyches that they did, too, after doubling Anaheim’s shots (40-20). Ryan Kesler scored two goals and one assist for the Canucks while Teemu Selanne and Corey Perry scored a goal and an assist each for the Ducks.
Marc Crawford wasn’t happy about how this one ended and you can’t really blame him after referees missed what looked like a penalty-shot worthy penalty.
The Flyers were one tenth of a second away from winning this one in overtime, yet instead they get to look back in disgust by the fact that they blew a 4-1 lead to lose this via a shootout. Here’s a better video of that split of a split second non-goal.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)