Dec 9, 2010, 1:15 AM EDT
Missed tonight’s games? No fear, we’ll get you up to speed with summaries for Wednesday’s five-pack.
Are the Red Wings in a little trouble now? They’re on a three game losing streak since they lost to the Predators by a goal tonight. Then again, Detroit is still at least three points ahead of any other team in the Western Conference so I wouldn’t get too worried.
Anders Lindback made 35 saves as he continues to play some great hockey while normal starter Pekka Rinne deals with a knee injury. Colin Wilson, Martin Erat and J.P. Dumont scored Nashville goals while Pavel Datsyuk (one goal and one assist) and Johan Franzen provided Detroit’s offense.
Curtis McElhinney played for the Ducks … but didn’t make it through the entire game as he was pulled in favor of Jonas Hiller after allowing three goals. Roberto Luongo wasn’t exactly stellar either, allowing four goals on only 20 Ducks shots, but he got the win as the Canucks took the victory in the shootout.
It’s a good thing for their collective psyches that they did, too, after doubling Anaheim’s shots (40-20). Ryan Kesler scored two goals and one assist for the Canucks while Teemu Selanne and Corey Perry scored a goal and an assist each for the Ducks.
Marc Crawford wasn’t happy about how this one ended and you can’t really blame him after referees missed what looked like a penalty-shot worthy penalty.
The Flyers were one tenth of a second away from winning this one in overtime, yet instead they get to look back in disgust by the fact that they blew a 4-1 lead to lose this via a shootout. Here’s a better video of that split of a split second non-goal.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 29
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 35
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 24
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening