Dec 9, 2010, 1:15 AM EDT
Missed tonight’s games? No fear, we’ll get you up to speed with summaries for Wednesday’s five-pack.
Are the Red Wings in a little trouble now? They’re on a three game losing streak since they lost to the Predators by a goal tonight. Then again, Detroit is still at least three points ahead of any other team in the Western Conference so I wouldn’t get too worried.
Anders Lindback made 35 saves as he continues to play some great hockey while normal starter Pekka Rinne deals with a knee injury. Colin Wilson, Martin Erat and J.P. Dumont scored Nashville goals while Pavel Datsyuk (one goal and one assist) and Johan Franzen provided Detroit’s offense.
Curtis McElhinney played for the Ducks … but didn’t make it through the entire game as he was pulled in favor of Jonas Hiller after allowing three goals. Roberto Luongo wasn’t exactly stellar either, allowing four goals on only 20 Ducks shots, but he got the win as the Canucks took the victory in the shootout.
It’s a good thing for their collective psyches that they did, too, after doubling Anaheim’s shots (40-20). Ryan Kesler scored two goals and one assist for the Canucks while Teemu Selanne and Corey Perry scored a goal and an assist each for the Ducks.
Marc Crawford wasn’t happy about how this one ended and you can’t really blame him after referees missed what looked like a penalty-shot worthy penalty.
The Flyers were one tenth of a second away from winning this one in overtime, yet instead they get to look back in disgust by the fact that they blew a 4-1 lead to lose this via a shootout. Here’s a better video of that split of a split second non-goal.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)