Dec 9, 2010, 12:40 AM EST
Dallas Stars coach Marc Crawford couldn’t help but lose it a bit in a press conference after the team’s 5-3 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks tonight.
Crawford was upset because he feels that referees missed what should have been a penalty shot-worthy infraction. While the score was still 4-3 Chicago with 40 seconds left in the game, Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook appeared to throw his stick as Trevor Daley skated by. If that’s indeed true, then the Stars should have been awarded a penalty shot. Such an opportunity could have allowed Dallas to tie the game, so this allegedly missed call could have cost Dallas 1-2 points.
“How do guys miss that? That is the easiest call, the easiest call in the book to make,” Crawford said. “Because when a guy throws the stick, it’s an automatic penalty shot. That’s the call. That’s the call. Everybody in the crowd saw it. Everybody in the broadcast saw it. Everybody on the benches saw it. But nobody else saw it. The people that were important didn’t see it. At the end of the day, it’s a tough loss for our team but at the same time it’s frustrating when you miss obvious calls like that.”
Patrick Sharp scored an empty net goal shortly after to clinch a 5-3 win for the Blackhawks after the Stars almost came back from 3-0 and 4-1 leads.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)