Dec 9, 2010, 12:40 AM EST
Dallas Stars coach Marc Crawford couldn’t help but lose it a bit in a press conference after the team’s 5-3 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks tonight.
Crawford was upset because he feels that referees missed what should have been a penalty shot-worthy infraction. While the score was still 4-3 Chicago with 40 seconds left in the game, Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook appeared to throw his stick as Trevor Daley skated by. If that’s indeed true, then the Stars should have been awarded a penalty shot. Such an opportunity could have allowed Dallas to tie the game, so this allegedly missed call could have cost Dallas 1-2 points.
“How do guys miss that? That is the easiest call, the easiest call in the book to make,” Crawford said. “Because when a guy throws the stick, it’s an automatic penalty shot. That’s the call. That’s the call. Everybody in the crowd saw it. Everybody in the broadcast saw it. Everybody on the benches saw it. But nobody else saw it. The people that were important didn’t see it. At the end of the day, it’s a tough loss for our team but at the same time it’s frustrating when you miss obvious calls like that.”
Patrick Sharp scored an empty net goal shortly after to clinch a 5-3 win for the Blackhawks after the Stars almost came back from 3-0 and 4-1 leads.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 25
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)