Dec 9, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
Dallas Stars coach Marc Crawford couldn’t help but lose it a bit in a press conference after the team’s 5-3 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks tonight.
Crawford was upset because he feels that referees missed what should have been a penalty shot-worthy infraction. While the score was still 4-3 Chicago with 40 seconds left in the game, Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook appeared to throw his stick as Trevor Daley skated by. If that’s indeed true, then the Stars should have been awarded a penalty shot. Such an opportunity could have allowed Dallas to tie the game, so this allegedly missed call could have cost Dallas 1-2 points.
“How do guys miss that? That is the easiest call, the easiest call in the book to make,” Crawford said. “Because when a guy throws the stick, it’s an automatic penalty shot. That’s the call. That’s the call. Everybody in the crowd saw it. Everybody in the broadcast saw it. Everybody on the benches saw it. But nobody else saw it. The people that were important didn’t see it. At the end of the day, it’s a tough loss for our team but at the same time it’s frustrating when you miss obvious calls like that.”
Patrick Sharp scored an empty net goal shortly after to clinch a 5-3 win for the Blackhawks after the Stars almost came back from 3-0 and 4-1 leads.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)