Dec 9, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
Dallas Stars coach Marc Crawford couldn’t help but lose it a bit in a press conference after the team’s 5-3 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks tonight.
Crawford was upset because he feels that referees missed what should have been a penalty shot-worthy infraction. While the score was still 4-3 Chicago with 40 seconds left in the game, Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook appeared to throw his stick as Trevor Daley skated by. If that’s indeed true, then the Stars should have been awarded a penalty shot. Such an opportunity could have allowed Dallas to tie the game, so this allegedly missed call could have cost Dallas 1-2 points.
“How do guys miss that? That is the easiest call, the easiest call in the book to make,” Crawford said. “Because when a guy throws the stick, it’s an automatic penalty shot. That’s the call. That’s the call. Everybody in the crowd saw it. Everybody in the broadcast saw it. Everybody on the benches saw it. But nobody else saw it. The people that were important didn’t see it. At the end of the day, it’s a tough loss for our team but at the same time it’s frustrating when you miss obvious calls like that.”
Patrick Sharp scored an empty net goal shortly after to clinch a 5-3 win for the Blackhawks after the Stars almost came back from 3-0 and 4-1 leads.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic