Dec 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
In case you haven’t noticed, we have passed along plenty of videos and other links to whet your appetites for HBO’s upcoming “24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the Winter Classic” series.
The four-part series will start airing on HBO beginning Wednesday, December 15th at 10 pm ET.
Surely we’ll share more information about the series as the first episode approaches and even as the four-part series progresses, but HBO and the NHL handed out a few more bits of official information about the first part today. Here is a quick summary of what to expect from the debut episode, including when it will air on the network and what the first one should be about.
Debut: WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: Dec. 15 (11:00 p.m.), 16 (5:00 p.m., midnight), 17 (10:00 a.m., 8:00 p.m.), 18 (10:30 a.m., 11:15 p.m.), 19 (9:00 a.m.) and 20 (5:00 p.m., 1:20 a.m.), and Jan. 1 (7:00 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Dec. 19 (11:50 p.m.), 21 (8:00 p.m.), 28 (2:00 p.m.) and 30 (1:30 p.m.), and Jan. 8 (1:30 p.m.)
HBO On Demand availability begins: Dec. 20
Head coaches Bruce Boudreau of Washington and Dan Bylsma of Pittsburgh, along with a host of key players, including the Caps’ Alex Ovechkin and the Pens’ Sidney Crosby, are in the spotlight as the two clubs battle through their busy December schedules.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6