Dec 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
In case you haven’t noticed, we have passed along plenty of videos and other links to whet your appetites for HBO’s upcoming “24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the Winter Classic” series.
The four-part series will start airing on HBO beginning Wednesday, December 15th at 10 pm ET.
Surely we’ll share more information about the series as the first episode approaches and even as the four-part series progresses, but HBO and the NHL handed out a few more bits of official information about the first part today. Here is a quick summary of what to expect from the debut episode, including when it will air on the network and what the first one should be about.
Debut: WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: Dec. 15 (11:00 p.m.), 16 (5:00 p.m., midnight), 17 (10:00 a.m., 8:00 p.m.), 18 (10:30 a.m., 11:15 p.m.), 19 (9:00 a.m.) and 20 (5:00 p.m., 1:20 a.m.), and Jan. 1 (7:00 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Dec. 19 (11:50 p.m.), 21 (8:00 p.m.), 28 (2:00 p.m.) and 30 (1:30 p.m.), and Jan. 8 (1:30 p.m.)
HBO On Demand availability begins: Dec. 20
Head coaches Bruce Boudreau of Washington and Dan Bylsma of Pittsburgh, along with a host of key players, including the Caps’ Alex Ovechkin and the Pens’ Sidney Crosby, are in the spotlight as the two clubs battle through their busy December schedules.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)