Dec 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
In case you haven’t noticed, we have passed along plenty of videos and other links to whet your appetites for HBO’s upcoming “24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the Winter Classic” series.
The four-part series will start airing on HBO beginning Wednesday, December 15th at 10 pm ET.
Surely we’ll share more information about the series as the first episode approaches and even as the four-part series progresses, but HBO and the NHL handed out a few more bits of official information about the first part today. Here is a quick summary of what to expect from the debut episode, including when it will air on the network and what the first one should be about.
Debut: WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: Dec. 15 (11:00 p.m.), 16 (5:00 p.m., midnight), 17 (10:00 a.m., 8:00 p.m.), 18 (10:30 a.m., 11:15 p.m.), 19 (9:00 a.m.) and 20 (5:00 p.m., 1:20 a.m.), and Jan. 1 (7:00 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Dec. 19 (11:50 p.m.), 21 (8:00 p.m.), 28 (2:00 p.m.) and 30 (1:30 p.m.), and Jan. 8 (1:30 p.m.)
HBO On Demand availability begins: Dec. 20
Head coaches Bruce Boudreau of Washington and Dan Bylsma of Pittsburgh, along with a host of key players, including the Caps’ Alex Ovechkin and the Pens’ Sidney Crosby, are in the spotlight as the two clubs battle through their busy December schedules.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)