Dec 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
In case you haven’t noticed, we have passed along plenty of videos and other links to whet your appetites for HBO’s upcoming “24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the Winter Classic” series.
The four-part series will start airing on HBO beginning Wednesday, December 15th at 10 pm ET.
Surely we’ll share more information about the series as the first episode approaches and even as the four-part series progresses, but HBO and the NHL handed out a few more bits of official information about the first part today. Here is a quick summary of what to expect from the debut episode, including when it will air on the network and what the first one should be about.
Debut: WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Other HBO playdates: Dec. 15 (11:00 p.m.), 16 (5:00 p.m., midnight), 17 (10:00 a.m., 8:00 p.m.), 18 (10:30 a.m., 11:15 p.m.), 19 (9:00 a.m.) and 20 (5:00 p.m., 1:20 a.m.), and Jan. 1 (7:00 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Dec. 19 (11:50 p.m.), 21 (8:00 p.m.), 28 (2:00 p.m.) and 30 (1:30 p.m.), and Jan. 8 (1:30 p.m.)
HBO On Demand availability begins: Dec. 20
Head coaches Bruce Boudreau of Washington and Dan Bylsma of Pittsburgh, along with a host of key players, including the Caps’ Alex Ovechkin and the Pens’ Sidney Crosby, are in the spotlight as the two clubs battle through their busy December schedules.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)