Dec 9, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
I feel comfortable discussing just about anything about hockey, but get a little lost when placed out of my element.
For instance, I’ll be honest: I can offer almost nothing in the field of fashion. Sure, I can tie a tie (sort of) and pick out an acceptable combination of dress shirt and sport coat (maybe), but most days the sloppy blogger stereotypes fit my sloppy clothing choices.
So in this case, I’ll just have to take Forbes.com’s word for it. The site named its list of the 15 best dressed athletes in sports, with guys you would expect (Tom Brady, LeBron James, etc.) and two hockey players: Henrik Lundqvist and Sean Avery of the New York Rangers.
Lundqvist makes sense because he’s Swedish, handsome, etc … but Avery is a bit of a surprise despite his internship at Vogue. I faintly recall that not too long ago, some snooty designer named him among the worst dressed in hockey.
But I guess it’s all subjective, though, right?
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)