Dec 9, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
I feel comfortable discussing just about anything about hockey, but get a little lost when placed out of my element.
For instance, I’ll be honest: I can offer almost nothing in the field of fashion. Sure, I can tie a tie (sort of) and pick out an acceptable combination of dress shirt and sport coat (maybe), but most days the sloppy blogger stereotypes fit my sloppy clothing choices.
So in this case, I’ll just have to take Forbes.com’s word for it. The site named its list of the 15 best dressed athletes in sports, with guys you would expect (Tom Brady, LeBron James, etc.) and two hockey players: Henrik Lundqvist and Sean Avery of the New York Rangers.
Lundqvist makes sense because he’s Swedish, handsome, etc … but Avery is a bit of a surprise despite his internship at Vogue. I faintly recall that not too long ago, some snooty designer named him among the worst dressed in hockey.
But I guess it’s all subjective, though, right?
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31