Dec 9, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
I feel comfortable discussing just about anything about hockey, but get a little lost when placed out of my element.
For instance, I’ll be honest: I can offer almost nothing in the field of fashion. Sure, I can tie a tie (sort of) and pick out an acceptable combination of dress shirt and sport coat (maybe), but most days the sloppy blogger stereotypes fit my sloppy clothing choices.
So in this case, I’ll just have to take Forbes.com’s word for it. The site named its list of the 15 best dressed athletes in sports, with guys you would expect (Tom Brady, LeBron James, etc.) and two hockey players: Henrik Lundqvist and Sean Avery of the New York Rangers.
Lundqvist makes sense because he’s Swedish, handsome, etc … but Avery is a bit of a surprise despite his internship at Vogue. I faintly recall that not too long ago, some snooty designer named him among the worst dressed in hockey.
But I guess it’s all subjective, though, right?
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination