Dec 9, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
I feel comfortable discussing just about anything about hockey, but get a little lost when placed out of my element.
For instance, I’ll be honest: I can offer almost nothing in the field of fashion. Sure, I can tie a tie (sort of) and pick out an acceptable combination of dress shirt and sport coat (maybe), but most days the sloppy blogger stereotypes fit my sloppy clothing choices.
So in this case, I’ll just have to take Forbes.com’s word for it. The site named its list of the 15 best dressed athletes in sports, with guys you would expect (Tom Brady, LeBron James, etc.) and two hockey players: Henrik Lundqvist and Sean Avery of the New York Rangers.
Lundqvist makes sense because he’s Swedish, handsome, etc … but Avery is a bit of a surprise despite his internship at Vogue. I faintly recall that not too long ago, some snooty designer named him among the worst dressed in hockey.
But I guess it’s all subjective, though, right?
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 41
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)