Dec 9, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Every once in a while, we run into a goal that seems like it could only take place in the world of video games.
Ville Leino’s spinning goal is a pretty solid example of a “video game goal.” For a good portion of it he wasn’t even able to see the net, yet he pivoted and shot it in one confident motion … almost as if someone else was “pushing the buttons.”
Ryan Kesler had a nice, high-effort goal last night and Sidney Crosby might have produced a better evening overall, but Leino’s tally was probably the most fun to watch. In the end, these goal of the night awards are basically beauty contests and his was the prettiest.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 20
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5