Dec 8, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
Thanks to our friends at HBO, we’ve been able to bring you video previews of their upcoming mini-series documenting the events leading up to the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (which you can see live on NBC on January 1 at 1:00 pm).
Today’s video features the head coaches who figure to get plenty of face (and voice) time during the series. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma and Caps coach Bruce Boudreau are two of the more interesting figures in the NHL. Bylsma for being the young coach who led the Penguins to a Stanley Cup in 2009 and Boudreau being the affable leader who rose out of the AHL after years there to take over a team on the rise in Washington.
Thrusting these two into the spotlight for the Winter Classic should make for some fascinating television as you figure that both of these guys are a bit more fiery behind the scenes than what you see on the bench during a game. In Boudreau’s case that’s really saying something. Without further ado, here’s your sampler platter for 24/7 which kicks off a week from tonight December 15th at 10 pm on HBO.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 41
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)