Dec 8, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
Thanks to our friends at HBO, we’ve been able to bring you video previews of their upcoming mini-series documenting the events leading up to the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (which you can see live on NBC on January 1 at 1:00 pm).
Today’s video features the head coaches who figure to get plenty of face (and voice) time during the series. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma and Caps coach Bruce Boudreau are two of the more interesting figures in the NHL. Bylsma for being the young coach who led the Penguins to a Stanley Cup in 2009 and Boudreau being the affable leader who rose out of the AHL after years there to take over a team on the rise in Washington.
Thrusting these two into the spotlight for the Winter Classic should make for some fascinating television as you figure that both of these guys are a bit more fiery behind the scenes than what you see on the bench during a game. In Boudreau’s case that’s really saying something. Without further ado, here’s your sampler platter for 24/7 which kicks off a week from tonight December 15th at 10 pm on HBO.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)