Dec 8, 2010, 5:27 PM EST
Thanks to our friends at HBO, we’ve been able to bring you video previews of their upcoming mini-series documenting the events leading up to the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (which you can see live on NBC on January 1 at 1:00 pm).
Today’s video features the head coaches who figure to get plenty of face (and voice) time during the series. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma and Caps coach Bruce Boudreau are two of the more interesting figures in the NHL. Bylsma for being the young coach who led the Penguins to a Stanley Cup in 2009 and Boudreau being the affable leader who rose out of the AHL after years there to take over a team on the rise in Washington.
Thrusting these two into the spotlight for the Winter Classic should make for some fascinating television as you figure that both of these guys are a bit more fiery behind the scenes than what you see on the bench during a game. In Boudreau’s case that’s really saying something. Without further ado, here’s your sampler platter for 24/7 which kicks off a week from tonight December 15th at 10 pm on HBO.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (79)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (74)