Dec 8, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
Thanks to our friends at HBO, we’ve been able to bring you video previews of their upcoming mini-series documenting the events leading up to the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (which you can see live on NBC on January 1 at 1:00 pm).
Today’s video features the head coaches who figure to get plenty of face (and voice) time during the series. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma and Caps coach Bruce Boudreau are two of the more interesting figures in the NHL. Bylsma for being the young coach who led the Penguins to a Stanley Cup in 2009 and Boudreau being the affable leader who rose out of the AHL after years there to take over a team on the rise in Washington.
Thrusting these two into the spotlight for the Winter Classic should make for some fascinating television as you figure that both of these guys are a bit more fiery behind the scenes than what you see on the bench during a game. In Boudreau’s case that’s really saying something. Without further ado, here’s your sampler platter for 24/7 which kicks off a week from tonight December 15th at 10 pm on HBO.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)