Dec 8, 2010, 10:23 PM EST
At some point we’ll just have to create a template for these Sidney Crosby/Pittsburgh Penguins games: just add one to the Penguins’ winning streak, insert however many goals Crosby scores and then mention the other team if necessary.
If you want the latest numbers, here they are: the Penguins won their 11th consecutive game, Crosby extended his points scoring streak to 17 (20 goals and 15 assists for 35 points) and Marc-Andre Fleury earned his 10th victory in a row as the Penguins cruised against the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight.
This time around, Crosby scored twice to bring his league-leading total to 26. Chris Kunitz might have actually been the biggest star of the game, though, as he provided the assists on both Crosby goals and also set up a shorthanded goal by Pascal Dupuis.
You can slice up Crosby’s run in a ton of different ways (here are a bunch of different numbers on that subject), but here is one other interesting stat: he has four multiple goal games in his last six games. Craziness.
Neither the Penguins nor Crosby are on their all-time greatest streaks yet, but they’re getting close. Pittsburgh’s longest winning streak is 17 games (in 1993) while Crosby’s longest point streak is 19.
The Maple Leafs had a modest two game winning streak going into this one, but were no match for the locomotive that is this Penguins team. Pittsburgh stormed out of the gate to begin this one, taking a 4-0 lead while out-shooting Toronto 24-10 in the first two periods.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)