Dec 8, 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
No, that’s not a secret government agency nor is it a weapon meant for hockey-winning purposes. It’s Rob Klinkhammer, a prospect from within the Blackhawks system who will get to make his first NHL start tonight against the Dallas Stars.
Klinkhammer joins Jeremy Morin on the recall list to help the Blackhawks try and score some goals as they’re without Kane and Hossa for the next few weeks. While Hossa appears to be on his way back soon (within a week or so) the Hawks needed to fill out the roster from within. Morin was the one logical call back considering he was just sent down the other day for cap purposes. Klinkhammer is the new guy and in the AHL this season he’s got three goals and six assists, good for a tie for fourth on the Rockford Icehogs in scoring.
We’re not expecting anything big from Klinkhammer, but we’re just excited to have the latest and greatest hockey name in the NHL. After all, if we can’t have Tore Vikingstad of Norwegian Olympic hockey fame play in the NHL, then Rob Klinkhammer is the guy that we’ll rally around for having a bad-ass name. It’s a name so great it leads to an instantly fantastic nickname from Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago: Colonel Klink. Now if we can only get a guy on the Stars to be named Hogan, tonight’s game would be perfect.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)