Dec 8, 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
No, that’s not a secret government agency nor is it a weapon meant for hockey-winning purposes. It’s Rob Klinkhammer, a prospect from within the Blackhawks system who will get to make his first NHL start tonight against the Dallas Stars.
Klinkhammer joins Jeremy Morin on the recall list to help the Blackhawks try and score some goals as they’re without Kane and Hossa for the next few weeks. While Hossa appears to be on his way back soon (within a week or so) the Hawks needed to fill out the roster from within. Morin was the one logical call back considering he was just sent down the other day for cap purposes. Klinkhammer is the new guy and in the AHL this season he’s got three goals and six assists, good for a tie for fourth on the Rockford Icehogs in scoring.
We’re not expecting anything big from Klinkhammer, but we’re just excited to have the latest and greatest hockey name in the NHL. After all, if we can’t have Tore Vikingstad of Norwegian Olympic hockey fame play in the NHL, then Rob Klinkhammer is the guy that we’ll rally around for having a bad-ass name. It’s a name so great it leads to an instantly fantastic nickname from Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago: Colonel Klink. Now if we can only get a guy on the Stars to be named Hogan, tonight’s game would be perfect.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)