Dec 8, 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
No, that’s not a secret government agency nor is it a weapon meant for hockey-winning purposes. It’s Rob Klinkhammer, a prospect from within the Blackhawks system who will get to make his first NHL start tonight against the Dallas Stars.
Klinkhammer joins Jeremy Morin on the recall list to help the Blackhawks try and score some goals as they’re without Kane and Hossa for the next few weeks. While Hossa appears to be on his way back soon (within a week or so) the Hawks needed to fill out the roster from within. Morin was the one logical call back considering he was just sent down the other day for cap purposes. Klinkhammer is the new guy and in the AHL this season he’s got three goals and six assists, good for a tie for fourth on the Rockford Icehogs in scoring.
We’re not expecting anything big from Klinkhammer, but we’re just excited to have the latest and greatest hockey name in the NHL. After all, if we can’t have Tore Vikingstad of Norwegian Olympic hockey fame play in the NHL, then Rob Klinkhammer is the guy that we’ll rally around for having a bad-ass name. It’s a name so great it leads to an instantly fantastic nickname from Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago: Colonel Klink. Now if we can only get a guy on the Stars to be named Hogan, tonight’s game would be perfect.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22