Dec 8, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
It’s not too often when we get to recognize the efforts of a Florida Panthers player when t comes to goal of the night. It’s not because we’re ignoring them, it’s just that the vast majority of their goals since Pavel Bure left Florida have been of the blue-collar variety. While we appreciate goals scored thanks to hard work, we’re suckers for nifty moves and laser-like shots. Thankfully, David Booth is here to remedy our needs for this in Florida.
Booth’s goal in the third period is one of beauty. He gathers the puck off a pass at the blue line, makes Avs forward David Jones look bad while lunging at him to poke it away, then skates right between Kyle Quincey and John-Michael Liles who were each a bit far from where Booth broke into the zone. Booth caps the play off with a perfectly sniped wrist shot to beat Craig Anderson. Booth’s goal helped fire up the Panthers as they went on to win in overtime 4-3 thanks to a pair of Stephen Weiss goals.
As for Booth’s goal, enjoy this video which gives you the sense of being in a freshman year television class in college.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)