Dec 8, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
It’s not too often when we get to recognize the efforts of a Florida Panthers player when t comes to goal of the night. It’s not because we’re ignoring them, it’s just that the vast majority of their goals since Pavel Bure left Florida have been of the blue-collar variety. While we appreciate goals scored thanks to hard work, we’re suckers for nifty moves and laser-like shots. Thankfully, David Booth is here to remedy our needs for this in Florida.
Booth’s goal in the third period is one of beauty. He gathers the puck off a pass at the blue line, makes Avs forward David Jones look bad while lunging at him to poke it away, then skates right between Kyle Quincey and John-Michael Liles who were each a bit far from where Booth broke into the zone. Booth caps the play off with a perfectly sniped wrist shot to beat Craig Anderson. Booth’s goal helped fire up the Panthers as they went on to win in overtime 4-3 thanks to a pair of Stephen Weiss goals.
As for Booth’s goal, enjoy this video which gives you the sense of being in a freshman year television class in college.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)