Dec 8, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
It’s not too often when we get to recognize the efforts of a Florida Panthers player when t comes to goal of the night. It’s not because we’re ignoring them, it’s just that the vast majority of their goals since Pavel Bure left Florida have been of the blue-collar variety. While we appreciate goals scored thanks to hard work, we’re suckers for nifty moves and laser-like shots. Thankfully, David Booth is here to remedy our needs for this in Florida.
Booth’s goal in the third period is one of beauty. He gathers the puck off a pass at the blue line, makes Avs forward David Jones look bad while lunging at him to poke it away, then skates right between Kyle Quincey and John-Michael Liles who were each a bit far from where Booth broke into the zone. Booth caps the play off with a perfectly sniped wrist shot to beat Craig Anderson. Booth’s goal helped fire up the Panthers as they went on to win in overtime 4-3 thanks to a pair of Stephen Weiss goals.
As for Booth’s goal, enjoy this video which gives you the sense of being in a freshman year television class in college.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1