Dec 8, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
It’s not too often when we get to recognize the efforts of a Florida Panthers player when t comes to goal of the night. It’s not because we’re ignoring them, it’s just that the vast majority of their goals since Pavel Bure left Florida have been of the blue-collar variety. While we appreciate goals scored thanks to hard work, we’re suckers for nifty moves and laser-like shots. Thankfully, David Booth is here to remedy our needs for this in Florida.
Booth’s goal in the third period is one of beauty. He gathers the puck off a pass at the blue line, makes Avs forward David Jones look bad while lunging at him to poke it away, then skates right between Kyle Quincey and John-Michael Liles who were each a bit far from where Booth broke into the zone. Booth caps the play off with a perfectly sniped wrist shot to beat Craig Anderson. Booth’s goal helped fire up the Panthers as they went on to win in overtime 4-3 thanks to a pair of Stephen Weiss goals.
As for Booth’s goal, enjoy this video which gives you the sense of being in a freshman year television class in college.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)