Dec 8, 2010, 1:06 PM EST
It’s not too often when we get to recognize the efforts of a Florida Panthers player when t comes to goal of the night. It’s not because we’re ignoring them, it’s just that the vast majority of their goals since Pavel Bure left Florida have been of the blue-collar variety. While we appreciate goals scored thanks to hard work, we’re suckers for nifty moves and laser-like shots. Thankfully, David Booth is here to remedy our needs for this in Florida.
Booth’s goal in the third period is one of beauty. He gathers the puck off a pass at the blue line, makes Avs forward David Jones look bad while lunging at him to poke it away, then skates right between Kyle Quincey and John-Michael Liles who were each a bit far from where Booth broke into the zone. Booth caps the play off with a perfectly sniped wrist shot to beat Craig Anderson. Booth’s goal helped fire up the Panthers as they went on to win in overtime 4-3 thanks to a pair of Stephen Weiss goals.
As for Booth’s goal, enjoy this video which gives you the sense of being in a freshman year television class in college.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)