Dec 7, 2010, 3:45 PM EST
(There’s still time to vote for the goal of the week. Click here to do just that.)
When people talk about a save being the best of the year, one must assume that it will at least be the best of that given week … unless, of course, there is more than one stop worthy of such acclaim in the same seven day period.
There were some really sweet goals from November 29 to December 5, but much like his full season of work, Tim Thomas stood head and shoulders above the pack with his astounding glove save against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Boston Bruins might have lost that game, but Thomas kept them in it with some fantastic goaltending.
Then again, the Bruins must expect greatness from their unorthodox goalie at this point. He sports a 13-2-2 record with a mind blowing 95.6 save percentage and 1.46 goals against average. Those numbers are almost certainly unsustainable over the rest of the season, but it’s hard to believe he could pull that off in this many games. He very well could top his Vezina season from 2008-09, which is saying a lot.
He certainly is putting together a formidable highlight reel, though. Here are the poll results.
To little surprise, Thomas won in a landslide victory. I really liked Ondrej Pavelec’s second save, but Thomas provided the week’s best. Check out video of the save below.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)