Dec 7, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Well, we said that it’s preferable to go to in-game action rather than shootouts when choosing goal and save of the night awards (see: Mikhail Grabovski’s 360 beauty) so … naturally the two videos came from the same shootout and same winning team. Oops.
Anyway, that team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, who haven’t won many things lately (although they are nursing a two game winning streak right now).
Jonas Gustavsson is more or less the certified starter in Toronto and while he wasn’t able to cage the elephant* that is the Washington Capitals’ offense, he did make a fantastic stick save, as you can see from the video below.
* – Yeah, that’s a lame reference to popular music.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)