Dec 7, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Well, we said that it’s preferable to go to in-game action rather than shootouts when choosing goal and save of the night awards (see: Mikhail Grabovski’s 360 beauty) so … naturally the two videos came from the same shootout and same winning team. Oops.
Anyway, that team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, who haven’t won many things lately (although they are nursing a two game winning streak right now).
Jonas Gustavsson is more or less the certified starter in Toronto and while he wasn’t able to cage the elephant* that is the Washington Capitals’ offense, he did make a fantastic stick save, as you can see from the video below.
* – Yeah, that’s a lame reference to popular music.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)