Dec 7, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Well, we said that it’s preferable to go to in-game action rather than shootouts when choosing goal and save of the night awards (see: Mikhail Grabovski’s 360 beauty) so … naturally the two videos came from the same shootout and same winning team. Oops.
Anyway, that team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, who haven’t won many things lately (although they are nursing a two game winning streak right now).
Jonas Gustavsson is more or less the certified starter in Toronto and while he wasn’t able to cage the elephant* that is the Washington Capitals’ offense, he did make a fantastic stick save, as you can see from the video below.
* – Yeah, that’s a lame reference to popular music.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming