Dec 7, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Well, we said that it’s preferable to go to in-game action rather than shootouts when choosing goal and save of the night awards (see: Mikhail Grabovski’s 360 beauty) so … naturally the two videos came from the same shootout and same winning team. Oops.
Anyway, that team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, who haven’t won many things lately (although they are nursing a two game winning streak right now).
Jonas Gustavsson is more or less the certified starter in Toronto and while he wasn’t able to cage the elephant* that is the Washington Capitals’ offense, he did make a fantastic stick save, as you can see from the video below.
* – Yeah, that’s a lame reference to popular music.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40