Dec 7, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Well, we said that it’s preferable to go to in-game action rather than shootouts when choosing goal and save of the night awards (see: Mikhail Grabovski’s 360 beauty) so … naturally the two videos came from the same shootout and same winning team. Oops.
Anyway, that team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, who haven’t won many things lately (although they are nursing a two game winning streak right now).
Jonas Gustavsson is more or less the certified starter in Toronto and while he wasn’t able to cage the elephant* that is the Washington Capitals’ offense, he did make a fantastic stick save, as you can see from the video below.
* – Yeah, that’s a lame reference to popular music.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)