Dec 7, 2010, 3:19 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along unofficial reports that Patrick Kane’s left leg injury would keep him out “weeks, not days.”
It sounds like that report was accurate, as Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville announced today that Kane is expected to be out “upwards of three weeks” and hopes that such an estimate covers the maximum amount of time the winger will miss.
While there’s never a good time to lose a player at the level of Kane, this is an especially bad time for that to happen. Marian Hossa is nursing his own injury and won’t even begin skating again until the end of this week (at the earliest, according to NHL.com).
Here are Quenneville’s comments on Kane’s situation. Click here for video of the injury.
Kane was injured just 23 seconds into Sunday’s 4-2 home win against Calgary, and is expected to be out “upwards of three weeks,” according to Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who met with reporters after Tuesday’s practice at the United Center.
“We’re hoping that’s the maximum,” said Quenneville, who declined to specify what part of Kane’s lower body was hurt. “We’re going to leave it as a ‘lower body,’ and you can speculate on where it is, but certainly that’s the extent of it and he’s progressing right now.”
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)