Dec 7, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
We’ve been keeping a stray eye on the case surrounding infamous youth coach Graham James who was brought back to Canada to face charges that were brought against him by former Flames superstar Theo Fleury. James was brought back to Winnipeg to face the music and today bad news for those hoping to see him locked away in prison. TSN Bob McKenzie noted for us on Twitter that James was released on bail today.
For the public and for fans of Theo Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, who both suffered under James’ tutelage, it’s an outrageous turn of events. Legally speaking, it unfortunately makes sense. After James was unbelievably pardoned he left Canada to live in Mexico. When Fleury brought charges against James and he was discovered living south of the border, he willingly came back to Canada to face the music. He’s not viewed to be a flight risk and after coughing up the money for bail he’s free to go.
I doubt this will be the last we’ll hear of things and as for Theo Fleury’s thoughts on what happened, he tweeted this after hearing the news.
Graham James let out on bail. Call your MP’s. Nice leadership display by the people were suppose to trust.
Fleury feeling upset by this whole process is more than understandable. At some point we’ll see justice served on this matter, but for now frustration will win the day.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13