Dec 7, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
We’ve been keeping a stray eye on the case surrounding infamous youth coach Graham James who was brought back to Canada to face charges that were brought against him by former Flames superstar Theo Fleury. James was brought back to Winnipeg to face the music and today bad news for those hoping to see him locked away in prison. TSN Bob McKenzie noted for us on Twitter that James was released on bail today.
For the public and for fans of Theo Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, who both suffered under James’ tutelage, it’s an outrageous turn of events. Legally speaking, it unfortunately makes sense. After James was unbelievably pardoned he left Canada to live in Mexico. When Fleury brought charges against James and he was discovered living south of the border, he willingly came back to Canada to face the music. He’s not viewed to be a flight risk and after coughing up the money for bail he’s free to go.
I doubt this will be the last we’ll hear of things and as for Theo Fleury’s thoughts on what happened, he tweeted this after hearing the news.
Graham James let out on bail. Call your MP’s. Nice leadership display by the people were suppose to trust.
Fleury feeling upset by this whole process is more than understandable. At some point we’ll see justice served on this matter, but for now frustration will win the day.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)