Dec 7, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
We’ve been keeping a stray eye on the case surrounding infamous youth coach Graham James who was brought back to Canada to face charges that were brought against him by former Flames superstar Theo Fleury. James was brought back to Winnipeg to face the music and today bad news for those hoping to see him locked away in prison. TSN Bob McKenzie noted for us on Twitter that James was released on bail today.
For the public and for fans of Theo Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, who both suffered under James’ tutelage, it’s an outrageous turn of events. Legally speaking, it unfortunately makes sense. After James was unbelievably pardoned he left Canada to live in Mexico. When Fleury brought charges against James and he was discovered living south of the border, he willingly came back to Canada to face the music. He’s not viewed to be a flight risk and after coughing up the money for bail he’s free to go.
I doubt this will be the last we’ll hear of things and as for Theo Fleury’s thoughts on what happened, he tweeted this after hearing the news.
Graham James let out on bail. Call your MP’s. Nice leadership display by the people were suppose to trust.
Fleury feeling upset by this whole process is more than understandable. At some point we’ll see justice served on this matter, but for now frustration will win the day.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)