Dec 7, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
We’ve been keeping a stray eye on the case surrounding infamous youth coach Graham James who was brought back to Canada to face charges that were brought against him by former Flames superstar Theo Fleury. James was brought back to Winnipeg to face the music and today bad news for those hoping to see him locked away in prison. TSN Bob McKenzie noted for us on Twitter that James was released on bail today.
For the public and for fans of Theo Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy, who both suffered under James’ tutelage, it’s an outrageous turn of events. Legally speaking, it unfortunately makes sense. After James was unbelievably pardoned he left Canada to live in Mexico. When Fleury brought charges against James and he was discovered living south of the border, he willingly came back to Canada to face the music. He’s not viewed to be a flight risk and after coughing up the money for bail he’s free to go.
I doubt this will be the last we’ll hear of things and as for Theo Fleury’s thoughts on what happened, he tweeted this after hearing the news.
Graham James let out on bail. Call your MP’s. Nice leadership display by the people were suppose to trust.
Fleury feeling upset by this whole process is more than understandable. At some point we’ll see justice served on this matter, but for now frustration will win the day.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)